cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anchors Away!

Participant

Anchors Away!

Two Questions:

I have been trying to add internal anchors to my campaign. Is there a way to link your quick links with an anchor to the article. And/or an anchor to a link that mentions the article in your campaign.

How are people linking to MORE? I have not been doing this, as currently I am not doing my own site, but I am curious if there is an easy way to have people click through to continue the article somewhere else...or if it has to be on my site-which I should be able to do in about a month myself.

Need to get this done for next campaign. I have not been able to figure this out. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Sheri
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Anchors Away!

Sheri,

I did a little test and it seems that Constant Contact does not allow internal links within an e-mail. I would assume that the reason is that some e-mail clients cannot handle that.

The "more" link is intended to link to a website where additional information is posted. So, yes, you would need to have access to the website if you wanted to post your own content.

Gudrun
Experience is something you get right after you needed it.
Solution Provider

Anchors Away!

Yes ... you can. CC does this in their own template. We have discussed this before:
http://community.constantcontact.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=272
Participant

Anchors Away!

Hi Ron,

Thanks, I will go there. FYI I did a search before posting with the term anchors and got nothing. Would be great to figure out a way that we could source info before being redundant!

I so appreciate your help and will go the your linked content now.

Sheri
Solution Provider

Anchors Away!

Probably because you were looking for the term "anchor" -- and unfortunately, in HTML "anchor" refers to the tag. "name=" is just one of the many properties of that tag ... :oops:
Solution Provider

Anchors Away!

If you are linking from Quicklinks, the link would be:
#article1

(Where '1' represents the appropriate article number)
Participant

Anchors Away!

I use anchor links a lot. Like in my intro I'll tell them to check out a special offer below and anchor link to it. It's just the regular HTML code for anchor links- try googling it.