cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using Bento 2 on a Mac with CC?

Occasional Advisor

As a New Mac using but CC customer for several years, I am interested if anyone has been using Bento 2 with CC. HOw well does it work?

3 REPLIES 3
Solution Provider

Bento is simply a database system (much like MS Access on Windows), you create whatever applications you want. I imagine you could do an integration using the new CC API. What exactly were you trying to integrate?

Occasional Advisor

Bento will help me sort my contacts by area which will help a lot. My ultimate wish would be to somehow be able to have a field in Bento that would link to CC and let me know if that contact has opened any of the past 90 campaigns. (Such as a specific colored flag on the person's record) But I think I am asking for too much... I am not proficient with Excel and find the adding and importing the data too confusing and time consuming. (The New CC feature to be able to add the opens of a Campaign to a list is very helpful as I have been adding this information to a special list in CC for many months now and at least I now have an idea of the number of people who have opened = good email addresses. What I want is to know who has NOT opened, to be able to send a specific email and possibly delete. I have about 1400 questionable contacts but with the hit or miss system of reports many could be good. Thanks for your suggestion about the API's. Not exactly sure what they do or how to use them. After a look around the page on CC re: API I see CC has code to add the person's name along with the email address. I have been asking CC for this for some time now. Why can't CC add this feature for everyone? Not just who know how to use code. Isn't that the whole idea behind CC to make it easy for the average computer user.... Your thoughts. Thanks

Occasional Advisor

If anyone is thinking about using Bento 2 and has more than 100 contacts DON'T. The programme is not up to the job. The programme has a known flaw and cannot cope with more than 100 contacts. I was able to return the programme for a full refund.... See http://forums.filemaker.com/fmbnto/board/message?board.id=GS&thread.id=12448 http://forums.filemaker.com/fmbnto/board?board.id=prob Just thsought I would share to prevent others going through the hassle. Have now bought Filemaker Pro 10. Anyone else using it ?