cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are links accessed thru Archive, tabulated?

Participant

I just started an archive page on my site for a few past newsletters, and can't find the info as to whether links clicked on those archived copies are tracked. My archive page is http://archive.constantcontact.com/fs089/1011336762044/archive/1102509260542.html

and I'd love to know not only which of the 4 issues archived there are clicked on, but which of the links WITHIN those available issues attracts attention.
Many thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Solution Provider

Kathleen -- Per FAQ 2950, CC does not count click-thrus from the archive: http://constantcontact.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/constantcontact.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2950 -- you will need to measure this in your web server traffic analysis.

Regular Participant

But doesn't CC host the page? Their web server would be the one that could accurately track the hits.

Participant

@ms. museum: My thoughts exactly. Perhaps CC can put this ability on their to-do list: "maintain an archive to see which of your links interests your recipients the most!" Seems like that would increase value of this added service to their clientele.

Visitor

Hi. Somewhat along the same lines, but not exactly. It looks like the best way to archive your newsletters is to do it yourself on your own server. I'd like to be able to capture the newsletter as it appears when mailed and archive this on my own newsletter and I've not settled on a tool/workflow that will let me do this. I would assume that the newsletter along with it's stylesheet is in HTML. Can it just be pasted and published on a website? Thanks Joe

Occasional Participant

Yes, but I also link to my archives from my blog and my Facebook page, and theoretically at least, people can randomly find the archive page. I would like to see the stats.