cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio Additions

Highlighted
All Star

Audio Additions

We would like to create an email campaign with an embedded audio music file. If that is not possible to do now, might it be considered in a Constant Comment upgrade? Thank you for considering this request. Redbird
Tags (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Solution Provider

Audio Additions

This is not something CC can add to their system, as it is not supported by email clients (i.e. Outlook, etc.).

This is very similar to the topic we have covered: Video and Email, the Definitive Guide -- since Javascript & Flash are not supported in email clients, neither video or audio could be embedded.

The best thing you can do, is provide a link to your audio on a streaming server, so that it starts quickly (whether you use Flash, or Quicktime, RealAudio, etc., the quickest delivery will be streamed audio).

Re: Audio Additions

Video and Email, the Definitive Guide is a broken link. I'm looking for a way to embed a player in my newletters - music hosted on my server or somewhere else.

Occasional Participant

Embedding Music in a Newsletter

As a concert promoter, I'd like to know how to embed music and voice overs in my newsletters. Anyone have any ideas?
Solution Provider

Solution Provider

Hello,

There isn't any way to physically embed the audio file. However what you can do is link to the file with a strong call-to-action written into your e-newsletter content. I create web-based videos that contain audio content and if you lead the person and entice them to click-through (we use an image and write the content so it engages the reader with a teaser description of the movie) you should get a large number of your subscribers to click-through. We average around 60-65% for that particular link.

I also know someone who does a podcast version of his e-newsletter and puts that as the first line of text on his e-newsletter. I find this great because I will listen to his podcast while I read the rest of my email. Good Luck!

- Eric
SmartMarket Movie
Occasional Participant

that seems to me a great idea. But sometimes music is not enjoyed because it distracts. It may be a double tool... roberto

Re: Embedding Music in a Newsletter

That link is broken. I'd love to know the information it was supposed to link to. I'm a musician and want to add some kind of player to my newsletter.  I'd keep the music either on my own server or upload the music to SoundCloud.

Honored Contributor

Re: Embedding Music in a Newsletter

You would not be able to embed a video/audio player into your email due to coding. What you could do is add a link to your audio in your email and have contacts visit your site to hear the music or view the video..

Almost all email clients strip out embedded video/audio players from an email when it is delivered..

We developed our Insert Video feature to address these issues. Rather than embedding the video into the actual email, there is a thumbnail image of the video player. When clicked, the contact is then taken to the Youtube channel to view the video. For more on the Video insert feature, check out this Podcast : Click Here

I'm going to submit a feature request to see if we could develop something similar for audio.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Trusted Contributor

Re: Audio Additions

I altered the broken link.

The original post link is here: http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Post-Archive/Video-and-Email-The-Definitive-Guide/m-p/16034/... 

Rosalind Morville