cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone used the survey feature? How do you like it?

Occasional Visitor

Hello,

I am thinking of using the survey feature. Has anyone used it? What do you think?

Kristina
17 REPLIES 17
Solution Provider

Yes.

Ran a "test" with one of my smaller campaign lists. Decent response - although the system does not currently have a way to send a reminder to those who have not replied - requiring you to do this manually.

Reporting is good, and will give you a lot of detail.

The fact that you do not need to duplicate a list to another system is a blessing.
Developer

I am in the midst of a survey right now and just learned that there is no way to export the individual results into a format that you can filter and sort.

I am mortified!!

I was in the trial period and paid to have this feature and find it pretty worthless at this point!

The overall summary is the only thing that exports and it might as well be a word doc or a pdf.

I need the details so I can take action and share with other managers. At this point, it looks as if we are going to have to reenter the data into another spreadsheet.

If anyone has any other suggestions I sure would appreciate it!!
Developer

Oh, one other bug that happened with my survey was that I allowed multiple responses from the same computer, but the end user could not enter the survey more than once.

As such, they had to copy and paste the link to the survey into a new browser window...

The system was no longer able to identify the user by their email address and the response became Anonymous. More than 80% of my replies are now Anonymous, which has created extra work for us to marry the results to the sender. Big bummer.

I love Constant Contact and the idea of executing surveys...but my first experience left a bit to be desired. Live and learn!
Highlighted
Advisor

I have to agree with the previous responder the survey is fine but the reporting is terrible. It assumes that only one person will ever look at the results and that you don't need to export any detail.

If you ask a question where the answer is text based - then it doesn't export at all and you have to go questions by question and cut and past the answers into a spreasheet.
Occasional Participant

here here. The lack of ability to export the survey including the open ended text responses is a major limitation if you want to share the results. It's even more frustrating when you need to get into a users brain and only open ended responses will do. I created a survey where all accept the first question is open ended. It is a survey about specific classes that we want to share with the instructor responsible for delivering the class to the customer. Unfortunately, the only way to share the information with the instructor is to sit with the each instructor in front of a computer.... not sexy at all.

This makes all but the simplest types of surveys very difficult to use.

Additionally, I find the exported data very rigid and difficult to manipulate.

Ultimately, the first thing people want to do with survey results (after viewing them) is share them. I can't easily share my results with my own staff or my customers and I can not reformat the results with out completely "re-entering" the survey in a separate spread sheet.

p.s. I have also experienced the problem allowing multiple responses from the same computer.

I was excited to hear CC offering this service as I had just prepared a lengthy survey that I wanted to send out. I setup the trial, and then went in to add my survey, but the format of my survey which was very standard didn't fit into the format of CC's survey. I sent an email to support along with my survey asking how I can make the CC survey work, but I never got a reply.

So for me it has been useless, and I will be using the survey services from another company that offers more features.
Occasional Participant

I love the survey feature from CC because it allows my clients to really tell the business what we need to know. I haven't had any problem getting the data or even sharing the results. I do wish there was an easier way to save the survey and turn it into text form so I can continue to survey with cleint who do not have a computer. But so far, I love the products CC has to offer .:d
Visitor

I used the CC Survey on a large customer satisfaction survey. I used the e-mail link option over the invitation option because the invite was so ugly and you could not customize it very well. I used an e-mail sent using CC E-mail instead, which was much nicer and we could use our branding throughout. It was not so ubrupt. Well we got a great response and ALL the responses were anonymous!!!!! Our customers wrote things in their surveys that needed follow up and we have no real way of knowing who they belong to. Many came in during the same general time as others. So matching them to e-mail views were only guesses. What a waste. CC support was no help whatsoever. I thought since they all came from a CC managed list and the e-mails were all sent through CC and we had the e-mail views and the surveys that someone ought to be able to match them up and give me the e-mail list...this is a tech flaw that CC should be able to fix. Among other things, like their ugly invite template. Not long after my survey debacle, I got a really "Nice" looking invite to take a surve from CONSTANT CONTACT! asking how I liked their new product. I want to know why they can develope a really nice looking invite to take a survey for themselves and a really crappy one for their own customers to use. I haven't even gotten to data maniuplation, because I'm so upset by the lack of communication on what would happen if we sent links by e-mail and not invite.
Visitor

I think the CC has a good start on a couple of products but they haven't gotten them thought all the way through. Same with their e-newletter product. We started using it and wanted to archive them on our web site, just like anyone would. We have a link to sign up for it on our home page and it works great, and everyone I know has a section where you can view past issues...well you can't do that with CC or at least not too easily - they tell my IT people that they don't have that functionality to have links from our site to our newsletters. So we are working on trying to lift the artwork and the live links within it and drop it into our site - they only offered a pdf version of it, which is silly, since you would want the links to work...