cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about an EXCLUDE button when using lists...

Occasional Contributor

I don't know if this would help others - but we have many instances where we would like to send an email to everyone EXCEPT those who are on a particular list.

You might say "just don't select that list, then" - however these people may be in more than one list, which means that they would still receive the email.

For example, we might send out a campaign inviting people to an event. Everyone who replies "YES" is put into a group for Event Attendees. We then want to send out a reminder/second invitation, but don't want to re-invite all those who have already said yes.

In circumstances like this (and many others that we have come across) an EXCLUDE device of some sort would be extrememly helpful.

Anyone agree?
16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted

Yes! I run into that same issue. Tracking the lists...excluding and including can be very tricky. I wish it were more automated.
Participant

This feature would be wonderful! We run into this all the time where we want to send to certain people and not others and it has happened to have gone to them also, ooops! Thanks for your suggestion and maybe CC will add something to make this easier!

LaKrisha Johnson
Occasional Participant

Re: How about an EXCLUDE button when using lists...

Agreed!   It works nicely one way (that is, not sending duplicate emails to someone when there on more than one lists).  

Seems it would be wise of Constant Contact to build in an exclusion option for a mailing.  As simple as:

For this mailing to List A contacts, I want to exclude any contacts who also appear in List B.

I wonder how many CUSTOMERS will have to ask for this, before the Constant Contact powers-that-be look into doing this.

- Liz

Honored Contributor

Hi Liz,

Good news! This will be part of our Contacts 2.0 upgrade coming later in 2012. When selecting a list(s) to send an email to, you will have the option to “filter” and exclude either specific contacts within the list(s) or to exclude contacts in the list(s) who are also in another list.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

That's great news! 

I appreciate being heard and, better yet, seeing that you all really respond to customer suggestions.

Thank you,

- Liz

Occasional Participant

Hi Jarrad,

I would like to send a 2nd invitation out for an event and need to exclude those who have already registered.  Is the new filter/exclude feature you mention up and running?  Your response says it would be available in late 2012, but I'm not seeing it.  It is very possible I'm just not looking in the right place though...

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Honored Contributor

Hi Elizabeth!

We do have a feature where you can email the non-responders, those who didn't respond to your original email sent.

To email the non-responders for your event:

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Events > My Events.
  2. Click on the name of the event.
  3. Click Track Registration to open the section.
  4. Click the "No Response: #" link in the Invitation Results field.
    Note: # will change to represent the actual number of non-responders.
  5. Click the "Email all non-responders" link.
  6. Select a theme for your reminder email and click Next.
  7. Edit the message settings and click Continue.
  8. Edit the email layout and click Continue.
  9. Schedule delivery of your reminder and click Finish.

Hope that helps!

Occasional Participant

Hi Marissa,

Thank you for your prompt response,  Unfortunately your solution doesn't solve my problem.  We sent an email and then the individuals responded directly to us via email, so there's no way to track the event on CC.  What I need to be able to do is exclude 30 names from a list of 250+ when I send th reminder out (also via email).  Do you have any thoughts on how I can do that?

Thanks,
Elizabeth

Honored Contributor

Hi Elizabeth!

Sorry that my response didn't resolve your question.  i have another one for you though!

If you have those 30 email addresses saved in an Excel File, we can create a new list, and remove those 30 from it.

1. First create a copy of the list of 250+ that you originally sent to. 

2. Next, you want to take the Excel file that you have those that responded to you in and then use our Remove instructions to remove them from the copied list from #1.

3. Then with this new list, you can send out another email and that would go to those that didn't respond.

*The Remove instructions are a little lengthy, but it only takes a couple minutes to accomplish.

Any questions let us know! I hope this is what you were looking for!