cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out what email addresses in my list DO NOT open my files so I can delete them from my list?

How do I find out what email addresses in my list DO NOT open my files so I can delete them from my list?

1 REPLY 1
Valued Contributor

Here is how it can be done. It is not "pretty" but it works. Remember it is not 100 percent accurate because all opens are not reported. Make a new temporary list, you can call it "opens" or anything you like. Go to Email - Reports. For each campaign click on the number of opens and it will bring up a list of people who opened that email. At the bottom of the list there is a button to "Save as LIst". Go ahead and save it to the temporary list you created. Repeat this for every email campaign. Now download two lists, your entire list and the temporary list you just created. Open the entire list in Excel. If you would like to exclude recent sign-ups, open the entire list, sort by signup date, and delete the ones you want to save. Open the temporary "opens" file and copy it into the Excel file. Sort it by email address. Remove all the duplicates - these will be the addresses of people who have opened an email, leaving only those who have not opened. You can use a formula to remove duplicates if you have a large list. Make yet another tempoary file, upload the Excel file that now has only people who have not opened an email. You could call the list "non-open" Now in Contacts, click on the "non-open" list, chose the option "Select all contacts withing this list". Then at the bottom click on "Do not mail". Those who have not opened will be removed from your list. You can now delete the two temporary lists. Richard