cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get a nice looking printout of your campaigns?

Highlighted
Administrator

I run a small on-line business and would LOVE to have a high quality, one page, version of my latest newsletter to tuck into every shipment going out to my customers. I am thinking something glossy, on heavy paper with crystal clear images.

How about printing out and sending coupons or specials to customers using just regular mail? Some of my customers don't use email much.

If you have a physical store, do you have printed copies of your mailings on display?
Do you use paper copies of your campaigns in your marketing?

thanks,
Mercury Mailings
4 REPLIES 4

If you are website/HTML profficient you can get yourself a pretty good copy of your email campaign fairly easily. After your send yourself a test copy of the campaign you can save it as an HTML file in your web design program (Microsoft Frontpage for example). From there you can simply edit out any of the little fine print/anything your don't want in the printed version (ie forward email, opt out, etc...). Then you would just need to print the newsletter on your selected paper.

Hope this helps....

It would be nice it CC added this as an option, though I don't think they will since they are an email marketing service!!

Occasional Advisor

There is another way. We take a screenshot of the browser window featuring the newsletter (go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screenshot to find out how to do it for your operating system). This will create a picture file which you can open in Photoshop, Preview or a similar graphic program. You can then resize it, make color corrections, change the size of the file, and send it off to a printing house or Kinkos (as a PDF or TIFF).

Administrator

Thank you for the replies. I will certainly try both ways!

How do you use the paper copies of your campaigns?

It's hard to get a really professional-looking print copy of your campaign, since for-print resolution should be at least 300 dots-per-incg (dpi) and for-web resolution is 72 pixels-per-inch (ppi).
That's why anything printed from the web always looks slightly out-of-focus when printed, and I would never use it to print on glossy or expensive paper. It just doesn't look right.
And once a file (like your campaign) has been created using the low web resolution, you can't make the resolution higher ... it's like cutting a board longer, once you've cut it short: it just doesn't work.

The only suggestion I would make if you want to print out your campaign for promotional purposes:
use high-res images in place of the web ones, if you have them (i.e., if you created your web files from digital photos, chances are you have a higher-res version stored somewhere) - and then insert your text where you want it. The text will print out just fine, it's just the images that will cause you problems.

Good luck ....