cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image spacing issues

Image spacing issues

Created this in PS/Image Ready - sliced it up and outputted to html and then swapped out with CC hosted image urls.

Looks fine in the 'Preview'. Looks fine in my HTML editor preview as well. However when I send a test message my Outlook 2007 shows 1px vertical spacing between each slice. BTW this has no CSS - all tables.

Lo-res version of how its supposed to look(actual is centered with gray background as seen in next l...

Cropped snapshot of how its showing up in Outlook 07

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here's the page code:

Copyright (c) 1996-2008 Constant Contact. All rights reserved. Except as permitted under a separate
written agreement with Constant Contact, neither the Constant Contact software, nor any content that appears on any Constant Contact site,
including but not limited to, web pages, newsletters, or templates may be reproduced, republished, repurposed, or distributed without the
prior written permission of Constant Contact. For inquiries regarding reproduction or distribution of any Constant Contact material, please
contact legal@constantcontact.com.

3 REPLIES 3
Occasional Advisor

Image spacing issues

I had the same problem using adobe illustrator. While your slices LOOK perfect (i.e. no stray 1xwhatever slice), when its outputted I had to go back and manually remove lots of 1xwhatevers spacer gifs. for instance, in your code you see lots of these:

can be completely removed and this should get rid of the offending spaces. basically remove ALL table data cells that reference a 1pixel wide gif. Hope this helps!

-Andrew

Image spacing issues

Well I got rid of them and still the same - below is the new code. The TR on the bottom seems to be something ImageReady creates to set up the column span and is situated below the entire graphic- If I get rid of that the whole thing goes wack.

But getting rid of the spacer.gif's within the page still splits it up in Outlook 07.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Copyright (c) 1996-2008 Constant Contact. All rights reserved. Except as permitted under a separate
written agreement with Constant Contact, neither the Constant Contact software, nor any content that appears on any Constant Contact site,
including but not limited to, web pages, newsletters, or templates may be reproduced, republished, repurposed, or distributed without the
prior written permission of Constant Contact. For inquiries regarding reproduction or distribution of any Constant Contact material, please
contact legal@constantcontact.com.

Occasional Advisor

Image spacing issues

I copied your code and made it a test html page, it seems to look fine. I am certainly no expert at html/creating web content, but I have read that Outlook 2007 has lots of issues with displaying tables and css properly... Read somewhere it uses microsoft word html..? Sorry I can't be of more assistance .

ack- the terrible truth, below

http://www.email-standards.org/clients/microsoft-outlook-2007/