Occasional Visitor
cathif

Multiple Lists

I have multiple lists and there is a possability that a single person may be on a couple different lists. Does anyone know if I decide to send a newsletter to more than one list if a person will receive it multiple times?
Regular Advisor
Procrastinator

Multiple Lists

No matter how many lists a contact is on, only one email is sent. The contact will not receive it multiple times.

cathif wrote:
I have multiple lists and there is a possability that a single person may be on a couple different lists. Does anyone know if I decide to send a newsletter to more than one list if a person will receive it multiple times?
Occasional Visitor
cathif

Multiple Lists

Thanks!!!!
MKPaulette

Multiple Lists

I only sent an email to one list initially, now I realize it wasn't my most updated list and want to send it out again. I assume in this situation, the person would get it a second time, right?

But what I'd really like to know is how to merge lists. Both lists are from my customer data base and there's a lot of overlap. But I do regularly add and subtract from the source data, so I want to keep all the "subtracted" people on the Constant Contact list, but still ADD my new contacts.
Regular Advisor
Procrastinator

Multiple Lists

Yes, if you send to one list, then later send to a second list, a person on both will get it twice.

When you upload, you can upload to an existing list, or two lists.

For example, on Monday we add all our customers from the weekend to a list of customers for that weekend. We also upload them to our regular list and most are already on the regular list, so it just adds the few that are not.

On Monday we send an email to that weekends customers, then we delete that list. They are not deleted from our regular list.