Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with imbedding links within an image

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi,
I have been using CC for about a year now and have been using the templates provided within the software. We want to change to using one large image and then geographically imbedding links in various locations within that image. I am not sure how to go about doing it. Would be happy to pay someone who is comfortable with the proceedure to spend some time over the phone to guide me through the process.
Thanks
Mark

6 REPLIES 6
Solution Provider

CC, and most email clients, do not support "image maps".

Plus, one large image will set off many flags and warnings, as this is typically a spammer's technique.

One possible "work around" would be to "slice" the large image into smaller pieces (situated around your links) and then re-assemble the image using a with cellspacing & cellpadding set to "0".

Then in the appropriate cell, you can insert the link around the image tag:

Occasional Participant

Ron, thanks very much for the information. Is there a particular template that works well as a "table" you might suggest?
Mark
Solution Provider

Mark --

I don't use too many templates anymore -- I hand code my campaigns -- but I would look for one that looks "open" -- not a lot of extra "stuff."
Occasional Participant

Thanks again for the quick reply. My company is a little pressed for time to get a campaign that we have finished out the door. Ron, if possible could you recommend someone I could hire to help me through this? My email is mark@wheelers.ca and my company site is CPGear.com
Thanks
Mark
Solution Provider

Mark --

There are several developers listed here in the forum. I really don't have any recommendations.

My apologies.

Occasional Participant

Ron, thanks again, you have been very helpful!
Mark