cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Version - Change Template after creating campaign

Highlighted
Developer

it would be very helpful to be able to change a template design after a campaign has been created (paritally or fully)
9 REPLIES 9
Occasional Advisor

Yes, this would be very helpful - and I assume you mean that all the content would be carried over to the next template...... I realize all the content might not "fit" the newly chosen template, but a lot would, and that would save a lot of time that I now have to spend in re-entering all the content.
Occasional Participant

I agree that this feature would be wonderful. I also realize the inherent problems with doing that. It would be very difficult from a programming point of view. Many times I will try a certain template and then realize that some part of it isn't working. Then it's back to selecting a different template and manually copying everything over to the new one. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get one that works. By then you've got a lot of time invested.
Occasional Participant

Its one of the things i wished Constant Contact was able to do. How many times have you started a template and then realised its not the one for you.
Solution Provider

I wouldn't hold my breath for this feature - sound complicated!

I would suggest however, planning out all your content outside of CC first, and then choosing and designing your template (global fonts and colours etc) before plopping the content in and I think you'd run into the problem less!
Occasional Visitor

Re: New Version - Change Template after creating campaign

There are other vendors in the marketplace that do this already. When will CTCT catch up?

Contributing Solution Provider

Although not an ideal solution, there is a workaround.  You can copy your old email (block by block) into the new template by copying and pasting the HTML code.   While this may not be worthwhile for every block, it could save a lot of time if you have a very customized block with different fonts, colors, pictures, etc.  This might be especially useful if you have created just one or two blocks before deciding you need a different template.

One of the best practices, however, is to find a couple templates that really work for you and then use those over and over as master templates.  Not only does this establish branding, it saves you a lot of time in the long run.  We have helped many clients set these up, and it has made their marketing efforts much easier.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can clarify any of the above or answer any questions. We regularly help clients by creating customized master templates ($99) and also through coaching and training.  We can be found in the Constant Contact MarketPlace or you may constant us directly by email:  maureen@dudleyandnunez.com. 

Maureen Dudley
Dudley & Nunez Communications
Master Certified Solution Provider
Honored Contributor

Thanks for helping out Maureen!

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Visitor

Agreed.  Being able to change templates on the fly is common practice with other vendors.  CC should really work on offering this option.  

Thanks for adding your thoughts! I will add your name to this feedback for future developements. 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!