cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non-Existent Address Feedback

Occasional Participant

I keep getting addresses showing up in my bounce reports as non-existent. I know these are valid addresses, as I communicate with the address owners all the time at the very same address. I have inspected each one and they are entered correctly.

When I contacted customer service they stated it could be due to a block on the recipient's end. In all the years of using CC, I never had this issue until very recently. I've had plenty of emails blocked, and many that said blocked but went through. But the one category I did rely on was the non-existent one. Now I can't even rely on that. Makes it hard to know what is and what isn't going through. Am I missing something here - why would these valid addresses come back as non-existent?:?:
4 REPLIES 4
Valued Contributor

All I can tell you is that it does happen. We get mail bounced as non-existent and we communicate with these people in our regular mail system without problem.

They must have their servers report blocked items as non-existent, perhaps hoping for a greater chance for removal from the list.

Richard
Occasional Advisor

So, to keep the non existent addresses on our lists, or not?

Same problem here, and my problem is that over 50% of my contacts have the same email provider (our local school district). I was given a list of IP addresses to put in our system, but that didn't help. I am now trying to find another company like this since having over 50% of my emails get bounced as non-existent address (including MINE!) makes having this whole thing pointless and a waste of money.

Oddly enough, we can send to one user at a facility but not another. The problem seems random on specific domains but occurs on the same email address consistently. Do you think it has something to do with CaSe SeNsITivity?