Regular Participant
ms. museum

Open List Revelation

The number of opens that CC reports does NOT includes duplicates. I just figured this out by downloading the 'open list' to Excel and running a "find duplicates" script on it and deleting the dupes. The number was then the same as what CC reported. Useful to know!

My next step is going to be to download my entire list and take out the opens so I can see if there are certain ISP's whose clients never open their email from us. I have a suspicion that it's getting sent to junk mail filters...

BTW...here is a great step-by-step tutorial for finding duplicates in Excel:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011366161033.aspx

Hope this is useful...
Solution Provider
DadBlaze

Open List Revelation

ms. museum wrote:
The number of opens that CC reports does NOT includes duplicates. I just figured this out by downloading the 'open list' to Excel and running a "find duplicates" script on it and deleting the dupes. The number was then the same as what CC reported. Useful to know!

If you are good at pivot tables/pivot charts in Excel, then you can segment the information pretty quickly. I have macros that take my opens, give me a new column of ISP names from the email addresses, and then I can see by ISP how many people are opening my mail.
Regular Participant
ms. museum

Open List Revelation

I don't even know what a pivot table is. I saved the file as .txt, opened in Word, replaced all @ signs with tab and copied back into excel. Relatively painless. Not that I'm not willing to learn...