cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Preview and Test Emails in New Wizard

Occasional Participant

I always previewed and sent test emails to my AOL, gmail, yahoo and adelphia accounts to make sure all the pics were shown and format looked good. I don't see how to send test emails in the new version. I don't want to send out an email to test accounts and then copy the campaign just to make changes.

Am I missing somethign?
8 REPLIES 8
Solution Provider

You have to be in the edit email mode in order to preview your email and send a test email.
Once you are in that mode just hit preview and you will then see the same

Email Address(es): (on the left of your email template)

where you put your test email accounts to aol and others

you will also see the

Personal Note:

where you can write a personal note to that test email message.

Hope this helps

Jeffrey Alexander Brathwaite
www.2thenextlevel.com

This did not work for me. There is apparently no way to send a test email from the preview. I tried all ways. In the edit mode too. It is not there. I will be switching back to the classic editor unitl Constant Contact can #1 make sure that all the capabilites of the older mode are available and easily used in the new mode and #2 The Discussion Board operators are properly trained and don't state things that they haven't tested themselves. Please get back to me if I am totally wrong but I have been looking for over an hour for a way to send a test and it sure isn't easy to find if it is there at all.
Highlighted
Solution Provider

There seem to be major problems in the templates. The prview generates a Javascript error and and the edit page just reloads.
Experience is something you get right after you needed it.
Solution Provider

Just converted my bi-weekly newsletter to the new editor. I have no problems sending test messages from the "preview" while in Edit mode.
Occasional Participant

Mine works fine, but my preview has some kind of fault. I created a new campaign and when I preview it, things look just like I want them to. By off-chance, I went ahead and e-mailed the preview to my e-mail and what I got had different formatting, Specifically, in my left column, I had some text that was aligned correctly (almost in bullet type format). When I previewed, it was fine; one line per item. When I sent the e-mail, Ithe lines were split into two lines (like they were too long for one line). Weird. Never happened in my old stuff; what you saw in preview is what was e-mailed to you!

Solution Provider

This could have been an issue with your email client.

What program are you using?

There are known problems wit HTML rendering in Outlook 2007.
Occasional Participant

Could have been. When I went in later; all seemed okay. But, I do know what I saw!

Now I have a new problem with preview. With the old version, I used to preview, click on printable view, view source and copy so I could create archives for my web page. That no longer seems to work. Now, when I click preview, the view printable option is no longer there. If I view source and copy it; a lot of new junk is at the buttom of the new html code AND it does not look very good! What happened??

Maher
Solution Provider

Rather than clicking on "Preview" while I am in edit mode. I do a "finish" and use the "Preview" function under the "Email Details" ... that seems to work.