cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Registrations

Occasional Advisor

Registrations

My company uses CC to drive registrations for the various training courses, workshops, and conferences that we have each year. Our President is of the opinion that we should send out "event reminders" frequently, so that people don't forget what we have coming up. I'm wondering if other associations do this as well, and if so, how frequent? Also, how do you keep your subject lines fresh when you send five or six emails about one event? Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Advisor

Registrations

The non-profit I volunteer with looks at a 3-month window. People in our community really can't plan farther out than that ... gives them too much time to forget about an event.

I like to send out an initial notification of a event with an "early bird" sign up between 2 to 3 months prior. Sometimes we will advertise a discount if they sign up before a point 3 weeks prior.

Around 1 month prior, I hit them with another campaign (all new content or at least new pictures) reminding them of the even and the deadline to sign up. At the same time I schedule this campaign, I also schedule a 1 week reminder (same basic material, except that it says the even is just around the corner. That gets all the prep out of the way. If there are no changes to venue, I let it run at 1-week prior. If there are some last minute changes, I add that to the waiting campaign.

I wouldn't hit people more than that unless you want them to sending your campaigns to "SPAM CONTROL CENTRAL" ;-)

Also, be sure to set up CATEGORIES and use them for your campaigns. Not everyone is interested in everything you have to offer, therefore, don't put 10 categories on one compaign. Make each campaign 1 or 2 categories and make sure you frequently run articles asking "Are you getting too much email?" In the artcle, be sure to point out (with screen prints on a linked website) how easy it is to get email on only the Categories they are interested in.

Politely ask your President how he/she likes it when some obnoxious company (there are many around) keep hitting them with advertising. It is as obnoxious as those sneaky little LCD screens on the gas pump that try to suggest you come inside and buy a nice cold soft drink at 400% markup!

People hate it! There is far too much advertising out there ... you don't want to get a rep for doing that kind of thing.

Cheers!
Occasional Advisor

Registrations

Thank you for your reply! I've mentioned several times that the more emails we send out, the less likely people are to open them, but I don't know if he ever actually listens. Currently, for our event in November I've scheduled 5 emails to go out, roughly 2-3 weeks apart. I would like to drop one of those, so I guess I'll see how it goes over.