cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schools communicating with parents and students

Is there a school using constant contact that could share their experiences - we are a school of 500 ish students and at present communicate with a note in the school bag home which doesn't really work - looking for someone with experience in this areas to learn from.
6 REPLIES 6

Our school started 'electronic' distribution of our school newsletter in October this year. We reduced costs, saved lots of money, and improved efficiciency. We're able to do things in the electronic version that we couldn't do in print... like use color photos & add 'bonus pages' for the e-news folks that include LOTS more photos and details than what's in the print version. This is helping us move more people to electronic, making it so that more kids get to see themselves in the newsletter... and most imporantly, is getting more people to open & read the newsletter. It's an ongoing process, but so far it's been very successful.

This has also been VERY successful for us. It took us about two years to build up our email database, so I would recommend sending home letters asking for them, going to PTA meetings explaining why you need them (and give out forms), etc... It will catch on and you will LOVE it.

All Star

Re: Schools communicating with parents and students

would you share your template? I'd love to see one...

Honored Contributor

If you need a quick way to reach parents, consider broadcast text messaging.  It might be a good solution for your application and becoming more standard all the time with schools.  Email isn't a great medium to ensure "quick" communication.  I've also found that people that receive them are also more prone to respond right away if a dialog is needed.

Occasional Participant

It is very interesting to find ways on how to maintain communication between the school and the parents. This will foster a great relationship. This is very helpful in trying to track the progress of the child. I am trying to make a dissertation about this kind of subject.

It is very compulsory to get a communitation betweet parents and school. when i was doing my graduate i also apply for a quick loans services for my college fee and when my teacher meet with my parents they told them that you sons is very nice and my parents also told about me that i always get a loans for my study and also he help us financially.