cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Report?

Spam Report?

Hi all -

I'm doing a trial of CC and did my first test email run today. Our entire mailing list is made up of people who have attended or expressed the desire to attend one of our studio's events or classes - we do not buy/rent lists - these are all people that contacted us for information. I randomly chose 100 (the limit) for my test today. One of those people apparently made a 'spam report'... I'd certainly like to know who that is so I can remove them from my database. Does anyone know if it's possible to find out this information? So far, only one person has opted out - which may be the same person. Thanks in advance for any info on this.

Lisa M.
John Sudol Acting Studio

3 REPLIES 3
Valued Contributor

Spam Report?

Spam reports are also treated as opt-outs. So, if you only have one opt out and one spam report, than you know who reported you as spam.

Constant Contact contends that it is illegal to tell you who reported you as spam, although our former email marketing company did show who the spam reports were from.

Yahoo, and Microsoft (msn and hotmail) provide spam buttons which tend to be used as an opt out button.

Richard

Spam Report?

Thanks very much Richard. That clears it up for me, though I'm still scratching my head about why this person would do a spam report after we gave her a free class and free career counseling. Hmmm... fickle actors, I suppose. L.
Occasional Advisor

Spam Report?

I know for sure that many people do not see the 'spam' button as an 'opt out forever' button, but rather something that is used when one has been deluged with emails and wants to clear some quickly (at least, that's what I used to do in Yahoo before I started using CC and seeing its consequences!). It is for this reason that I personally think CCs spam threshold is set far too high. Instead, there should be something which is put into our emails that cannot be removed, which is a button people click if they did not request that email. That way, there is no doubt why they have clicked that button and there is no confusion. Those clicking the spam button are often people who still want to receive subsequent emails but too busy to read that particular 'one'.