cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your Open Rate?

Occasional Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

I would love to hear what people's open rates are. I know that a 30-40% rate is considered good. Are yours better or worse? If yours are low, do you have any thoughts on why? If they are better, can you share what you are doing that others can learn from? Thanks!:d
210 REPLIES 210
Occasional Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

Hello,

Our target-market is women/men in the bath and body industry who make their own line of bath and body/skincare products. We have been using Constant Contact for a couple of years and we love it. Our open rate ranges from 34-44% and our click-through rate is 31-33% and with this ratio we will generate about 12-15 sales/orders from this promotion.

We send our weekly sales promotions and just started our Newsletter. We extend discounts, free shipping, buy now, limited time, etc. and those seem to work for us.

Patricia
The Wholesalers Hub
www.wholesalershub.com

What's Your Open Rate?

I'm a consulting analyst in the semiconductor (chip) industry. I have used CC for the past 5 months, but have only sent out two quarterly news bulletins so far. The first got 57% opens rate and the second 50%. My plan is to keep it brief and quarterly - so I don't over-do it

My list is very focused and is primarily clients, or people I have met and exchanged business cards with. Mine is a very specialized business, so I don't get many sign-ups via my website.

Ron
www.infras-advisors.com

What's Your Open Rate?

Hi

We are sending newsletters out on roughly a monthly basis to our members. We have had a consistent 49% open rate according to CC but when I look through the list there are a lot of people who are counted more than once because they open it more than once.

Do the CC stats include them in my % - if so the % is very misleading.

I agree with other comments that the following stats would be good

1. A true open rate i.e. only counting each email address once
2. Stats on how long it takes the emails to be opened
3. A list who hasn't opened so I could do some research as to why

Something I always wondered: Does CC only realise the mail has been opened if the recipient downloads the images and therefore is it likely that the open rate is in fact alot higher as I understand that many mail servers may prevent this happening but the recipient could still be reading the email.

Cheers

Paul Dowling
Irish Softball Association
Solution Provider

What's Your Open Rate?

We have a recorded open rate of 42.2% and a click-thru rate of 18.9%

However, I do a lot of analysis of our stats using Excel, versus using all of the standard reports. I find the standard reports a good jumping off point.

What's Your Open Rate?

We're relatively new at this. We began using CC for our monthly newsletter back in January. Our premiere issue was published in February. Next week our seventh issue will be delivered to all subscribers.

Our average open rate is currently at 64.3% with a click through rate of 66.3%. I consider these to be exceptionally good numbers. I remain optimistic that they will remain in this range even as our subscriber base grows.

We are in the machine embroidery business and digitize our own unique designs. One of the reasons our numbers are so good is we offer downloadable free designs each month. Undoubtedly many subscribe to our newsletter just for the free designs, but in the long run we expect to see our sales continue to rise.

Ron
R & M Crafts
www.cigarcityarts.com

What's Your Open Rate?

ilovemarketing wrote:
I would love to hear what people's open rates are. I know that a 30-40% rate is considered good. Are yours better or worse? If yours are low, do you have any thoughts on why? If they are better, can you share what you are doing that others can learn from? Thanks!:d

I am running at a 49% open rate and a 36% click-through rate on my messages. I don't know what the real secret is, but I am keeping most of the messages very short and graphic laden, using post card size templates to direct my audience to our website. --altaloman
Occasional Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

We are currently at 56% open and 35% click through.

Our list is very focused on enthusiasts and members who enjoy a craft, so that helps! We have had huge success running sales promotions and coupons through our newsletters and other campaigns. Always immediate results right after a campaign is sent.

What's Your Open Rate?

is there a way to set up a insant messanger to remind the time and date of an event, like the business meeting
thanks
mohan

What's Your Open Rate?

wow, we suck...

our average is 22% open rate & 19% click rate however this is misleading

Our CLIENTs when they see our email typically order, so most times, when they are not ready to order, they do not open, but over the course of several years we find clients that have not ordered in YEARS do order when they get an email