cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your Open Rate?

What's Your Open Rate?

I am the president of a bed and breakfast association and use Constant Contact for our newsletters. I have been very disappointed with my 50 - 60% open rate, but after reading through this post, I am not as disappointed. Like some of you, I just do not understand why the rate is not much higher, especially for newsletters and informative materials.

What's Your Open Rate?

I'm an astrologer. My open rate is typically 55% and clickthrough rate is 36%

My subject line says "Astrology News: " and I think that's primarily what my readers are interested in. I provide a snippet of my full moon forecast and then they have to clickthrough to get to my site.

My big problem is that i have a very low conversion rate, i.e. i'm not really getting customers from my newsletter. I even provide a discount for my consultations exclusive to subscribers.

What's Your Open Rate?

Our open rate is 28.5% and I guess I am happy with that. I will never know for sure due to the fact that not all email readers will communicate with CC.

Bob Prentice
"My Friends Call Me, Mr Attitude!"

What's Your Open Rate?

Have been using CC for just over a year. At the beginning had an open rate of around 67% - 70% although now it is nearer to 55%. This is a monthly B2B newsletter sent to others in our industry list size is now around 350.
Visitor

What's Your Open Rate?

I have 1765 subscribers and an open rate of 58,4 with 32,9 click-troughs.
I send a montly newsletter to all subscribers and several a month to student groups of our dance classes.
People who are interested in our activities can subscribe for the newsletter on our website www.salsamotion.nl what has a good result and gives also a correct emailadress of the subscriber.
The newsletters are short, not more the 5 items. Working with CC for a year now and had my first spamreport this month.
Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

We are new at using Constant Contact. I think offering something free is importat. They will open for the free but hopefully, send on the newsletter to others and eventually become buyers of some product. I send out a list of Great Stock Picks - 70 candidates they cant get anywhere else. Our open rate seems good and I have had calls and emails asking if it is alright to send on the newsletter to friends, so FREE works. I will report back after I have some history - I think sharing open rate and click thru is helpful - gives us a 'mean' for the rates, to know what is working or not working, thank you for bringing this to a discussion.
Occasional Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

I have been using Constant Contact for 3-4 months and have 2287 subscribers. My open rate is 34.1% and my click thru rate is 38.8%. I have several different newsletters which are sent on a monthly basis. What disturbs me is the one campaign with the worst record is the newsletter sent to my clients of my web design business.

What's Your Open Rate?

We have received anywhere from 27% - 35% open rate. We are in the health business and send out one monthly newsletter and 4 Weekend Tips, so considering the amount of mail we send I think it is pretty good!8)

What's Your Open Rate?

I just thought I'd add my comments to this thread, based on my own campaign experiences. I've sent out over a dozen campaigns this year (between myself and my partner). Our average open rate is usually 40%, but in one case it was only 2% (based on approx 750 contacts).

I have discovered that random emails sent via Constant Contact are being invisibly blocked by the ISPs (you never know it has happened). In the case of that 2% run, Constant Contact had added a new mail server, which was blocked almost entirely.

I've had a number of my contacts complain that they are not receiving my emails, so I know they are not getting through. This is not just a glitch in the 'Opened' info collection method. It's a lot of work putting together a nice campaign, to have more than 60% of them vanish into the ether?

Constant Contact is a very nice system with some great reporting features. They just need to find some way to ensure 90% or better delivery of their subscribers' email campaigns. Just my 3 cents worth ....

Online Consulting Services /
TNT - The Networking Team
Occasional Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

My open rate is around 30-40% - My click through rate is much less unfortunately. I've been on CC about 3 months. There are still some things that I would like to see improved, but it seems to be the best mailing list manager out there (that I've found so far.)

I probably will change things around a bit, like change my subject line, give teasers to make them go to the site, etc. I haven't been spending a lot of time on my newsletter, so this probably accounts for the low numbers.