cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your Open Rate?

All Star

What's Your Open Rate?

:lol: Ours is at 57%, and I am so pleased with that. Our target audience is "church people," (pastors, presidents and secretaries of congregations) -- so I would expect them to be diligent about reading our news!

What's Your Open Rate?

Occasional Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

We are a new wine and cheese retail shop. Our e-mail list is several hundrted, 95% of whom sign up in our store because they really want to know about our wine tasting events and new wines that arrive. Our open rate is generally around 50%, though Summer has been closer to 40%. I find this very disappointing.

Many customers ask why we're not sending them e-mails when, in fact, we are. The only conclusions we can reach are related to filters by ISPs. or individuals, which block us out unintentionally, or that many people just never open junk mail at all. We assume that CC comes to people as a mailing list, and know that many ISPS and filters block mailing lists OR, at the very least, that we wind up in people's junk files (if they use them). We try to remind people to put our address in their address book, but can't really tell how well that is working.

Can any of you verify or de-bunk any of the above suppositions? Or offer suggestions? It really is frustrating to have people who are anxious to get information but the 'system' seems to work against it.

What's Your Open Rate?

I just checked and my open rate is 34.8% with a click through rate of 23.5%. I average around 500 contacts and I send out once a week, every Wednesday at 5:45 PM EST. I have been using Constact Contact since February 2006.

My primary business is selling and building Log Homes all over the USA. My contacts are people I meet through Log Home shows or people who just send me emails requesting more information from my web site.

I use the Constant Contact program to keep information on each contact in the note section. I was wondering if anyone has found a way to set up a tickler file in Constant Contact? That would help in formatting information and getting back to each contact on a timely basis.

Carmel
www.kilndriedloghomes.com

What's Your Open Rate?

I'm the sales and marketing manager for a great hostel in the heart of downtown Chicago. Our newsletter goes out mainly to other people in the industry within the city, past travelers and travelers who have already booked and are coming to stay here in the next couple of months. Our average open rate is 29.1% and click-thru is 22.6%. So far we've sent out 3 newsletters with CC. I find it to be very user-friendly, especially compared to the company we used to work with. I've enjoyed reading the discussion and getting answers to some of my questions.

If anyone finds themselves in Chicago, feel free to stop by the hostel or book online at www.hichicago.org!
Occasional Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

We are a travel wholesaler in Australia with over 7,000 names on the list (a combination of Travel Agents and Direct clients), we generally send 1 campaign a week to selected participants.
Our open rate is 38%, but click through is only 8% what we need is a higher click through and hopefully then a conversion to actually buying the product.
What's the answer to getting:
a: Higher click-throughs
b: Bookings

8)
Solution Provider

What's Your Open Rate?

I found that by making the links more "prominent" (Like in the Crisp II theme, where you actually can have a list of links) that the click-thru rate was much higher, than when people needed to read through an article to find a web link.
Occasional Participant

What's Your Open Rate?

My open rate has averaged 20-21%, and my clicks are running 15% so far based on 3 mailings. I am a real estate broker, and my audience is brokers in another community who may need to refer buyers and sellers in my area.

What's Your Open Rate?

ilovemarketing wrote:
I would love to hear what people's open rates are. I know that a 30-40% rate is considered good. Are yours better or worse? If yours are low, do you have any thoughts on why? If they are better, can you share what you are doing that others can learn from? Thanks!:d

Hello,

My store average open rate is 38.7%. My store business has improved 100% since I have been advertising sales.

My products are for usage in heirloom garment and children garment construction. The Spring is the busiest time of the year but I keep products that are good sellers anytime.

All Star

What's Your Open Rate?

I send out emails for both a PTA and a church. Our PTA open rate over the last year averaged about 50%, but lately it's gone up to 62%. (Maybe since school starts soon? Or since we have a new fresh batch of emails on our list?)

I wasn't confident in the 50% figure, so in April I sent an email from my personal account to all of the people who hadn't opened their email to see why they hadn't. I got nearly 150 replies to that email. To extrapolate the numbers:

Of the 900+ emails we sent out, approximately:

- 1.5% wound up in spam folders
- 7% weren't received
- 15% were received but weren't opened
- 26.5% were received and read, but that data didn't get back to Constant Contact. (no cookies allowed?)

So actually, at that point our "read" rate was really around 76.5%, not 50%. I'm happy with that. But in our case, it also highlights why we still send a printed newsletter out twice a month. We need for everyone to get our news.