cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# of non-existent addresses tripled in the last two weeks???

Regular Visitor

In the last two weeks, our list of non-existent addresses tripled going from 34 to 97. Most of these addresses are known, functional addresses. Some are staff email addresses. Any ideas what would cause this? Any similar experiences? Remedies?!

Thanks,

travis from life pointe church
3 REPLIES 3
Solution Provider

Well, make sure they are not "role" addresses - info@lifepointechurch.org - these will not work on the system.

But, what I also find is that sometimes, it is the server at the location (especially for folks with self-hosted email). I normally just send them an email to let them know that they missed the last issue, and they can read it in our on-line archives, and provide them a link to our newsletter.
Occasional Participant

We've had an increasing number of non-existent address errors, too. Some of them are for known addresses that work from other senders. In some cases, we can re-email our newsletters from a local computer and they get through fine.

There are some ISPs which use a non-existent address message instead of a blocked response. The "MailWasher" program (www.mailwasher.net) allows individuals to do similar things to cut spam on their personal accounts.

I don't have a solution, except to deal with each error on a case-by-case basis.
Solution Provider

http://community.constantcontact.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=7075#7075

CC posted that there have been some technical issues that they believe have been corrected.