cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pasting from Publisher

pasting from Publisher

I am having trouble reliably pasting from Publisher. Sometimes it works, other times (mostly) it doesn't. Sometimes if I keep playing with it, I can get something to paste, but it would be in the wrong place. I don't know how to move it, so I start over, only unable to get it to work again. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Solution Provider

pasting from Publisher

You should be saving your Publisher file as HTML, and copying the content from there.

This is then pasted into the advanced editor after you have selected "Use My Own Code" as your template.

pasting from Publisher

Are you saying I must scrap everything thing and start with a new template?
Solution Provider

pasting from Publisher

Correct me if I am wrong here, but, it sounds like you are designing a print newsletter in Publisher, and you are trying to convert that to CC.

So, based on that concept, I answered the question.

Now, if you are just trying to take "content" from a Publisher document into a CC template - that is a different concept.

Publisher, like Word, formats the text, which really messes up you design. So, what I have always told folks is to copy from Publisher (or Word) and paste it into a "text editor" (Notepad, SubEthaEdit). This removes all the formatting. While I have it in Notepad, I check for "fancy quotes" and other "special characters" and convert them to HTML Entities. Then I copy the content from the text editor and paste that into my CC template.

Sorry for the confusion.