cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

LEARN MORE: Automatically Resend an Email to Contacts That Did Not Open

Contacts don't open emails for a variety of reasons: they're too busy, your email got buried on a busy mailing day, or they might not find your subject line that interesting. The good news is that you can set your email to automatically resend to the contacts who didn't open it the first time, and tweak your subject line for them, too.

Interested? Click here to view the full article on our Knowledge Base!

Questions? Ask below!

Nick_S.

Hey! I'm Nick and I am the Social Media & Content Manager for the Community and Social Care team here at Constant Contact, aka @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not at work you can find me kayaking, hiking, and reading.

35 Comments

Thanks for this article

https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/22442-automatically-resend-an-email...

But i dont have the feauture to resend to my list.. it's not showing up on my end.
I have the email plus subscription can you please advise

CTCT Employee

Hi @ValerieL673,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to locate the resend feature. You want to make sure that your email campaigns/templates are within the Third-Generation Editor. The Legacy editor does not have the new resend functionality. To access the new Third-Generation editor, please click here. Also, if you need a visual for the resend option on the new Third-Generation editor, please click here. I hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Established Member

Hi,

We would like to begin using the resend feature and noticed that the option box appears in the schedule screen for some emails but not others.  Is there a reason that would happen?

Thanks,

Amy

Hooker & Holcombe

CTCT Employee

Hi @Liz0324,

That is a great question!  The resend to non-openers option is only available in the Third-Generation editor schedule screen.  That being said, if you happen to be using A/B Subject line testing, it will not show as an option because they cannot be done at the same time.  If you are using the Legacy templates, the resend to non-openers is not available.

Regular Visitor

Is there an enhancement planned to allow users to still hit auto send if they've forgotten to check it originally? The workaround is an option, but would love to be able to use the function as it's set up if I've forgotten to check auto send when sending the email originally.