cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

LEARN MORE: Automatically Resend an Email to Contacts That Did Not Open

Contacts don't open emails for a variety of reasons: they're too busy, your email got buried on a busy mailing day, or they might not find your subject line that interesting. The good news is that you can set your email to automatically resend to the contacts who didn't open it the first time, and tweak your subject line for them, too.

Interested? Click here to view the full article on our Knowledge Base!

Questions? Ask below!

Nick_S.

Hey! I'm Nick and I am the Social Media & Content Manager for the Community and Social Care team here at Constant Contact, aka @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not at work you can find me kayaking, hiking, and reading.

35 Comments
CTCT Employee

Hello @TWS,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand how important it could be to edit the exact time frame the resend will go out. At this time, the Resend to non-openers feature currently does not allow you to edit the time it will go out. Although this is not a feature, I will be adding your account to a track to be notified if ever something like this gets added on to our Resend to non-openers.

In regards to the error you are experiencing, did you receive this error when scheduling the first email? Or did you receive this error message when selecting the option to resend to non-openers? We'd like to take a look into this issue for you. If you could email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the username to your Constant Contact account, the name of the email you are experiencing this issue in along with a reference to this post and also a screenshot of the issue, if possible. In the meantime, have a wonderful day!

I have a notice on several of my e-mails that says, "We couldn't schedule your resend email." There are no details nor is it clickable. Nothing is scheduled for the times that they are supposed to go out. Does anyone know why I would be getting this error?

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello @WPoint,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can definitely understand the importance of having these mailings go out. It seems as if the message you are getting is because you are trying to resend an email. Have you  recently tried re-sending a previous email to the same group of contacts? Also, we'd like to take a deeper look into this issue. Would you be able to email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with some additional information:

1 - The username to your Constant Contact account,

2 - The name of the email(s) that you have received this message in,

3 - Some additional information on any steps that you have taken so far,

4 - If possible, a screenshot of the error message you are receiving.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can also assist with today in the meantime. Have a wonderful day.

All Star

Love the concept of the auto-resend.

I'd like to put in my vote to be able to schedule the time to automatically resend an email to non-openers. This seems like an obvious feature and I was surprised it didn't exist.

CTCT Employee

Hello @TomW42,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are happy to see your excitement with our new Resend to Non-Openers feature. I can definitely understand how beneficial it can be to add a time for this resend. Although this is something that is currently not part of the feature that was added, I will be passing your feedback along to the correct team for review. We appreciate the feedback you have given us. If you happen to have any other feedback or ideas, feel free to reach back out to us with that information and we'd be more than happy to submit your feedback/idea. If you have any other questions, please let us know.