cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonight (8/23) from 11:00 PM - 12:00AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 11:00 PM and logging in after 12:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

LEARN MORE: Automatically Resend an Email to Contacts That Did Not Open

Contacts don't open emails for a variety of reasons: they're too busy, your email got buried on a busy mailing day, or they might not find your subject line that interesting. The good news is that you can set your email to automatically resend to the contacts who didn't open it the first time, and tweak your subject line for them, too.

Interested? Click here to view the full article on our Knowledge Base!

Questions? Ask below!

Nick_S.

Hey! I'm Nick and I am the Social Media & Content Manager for the Community and Social Care team here at Constant Contact, aka @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not at work you can find me kayaking, hiking, and recording a weekly podcast!

35 Comments
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to "undo" or edit the resend option? I want to change my subject line! It sent Tuesday and is scheduled for this Saturday to unopened emails. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @NatividadFoundation,

That's a great question!  Currently, there is no way to edit the resend option once the email has been sent, but you can remove the option before the resend happens on Saturday.  If you do choose to cancel your automatic resend, you won't be able to reschedule it to automatically resend later. At that point you can manually make a new list of the contacts that did not open your email, copy the email, and send the copy to that list.

Occasional Contributor

I forgot to check off the "automatically resend to nonopeners" option when sending my campaign the first time. Can I do that now - re-send to non-openers?

CTCT Employee

Hi @MargieW,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. Even though you have already sent out your email campaign, you can still manually send the campaign to your contacts who have not opened your current email campaign. You first need to add the did-not-open contacts to a list. To do this:

1. Click on Reporting (to the top)
  2. Scroll down and click on one of the rate numbers for your campaign (Open, Click, Bounce, etc.)
  3. Click on Did Not Open (to the left)
  4. Check off the checkbox next to Name
  5. Click on Manage Lists and select Add to Lists
  6. Create a new list (Name it Did Not Open)

Then, you can copy your email campaign and schedule it out to the Did Not Open list. I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further questions! 

Occasional Contributor

Hi Lucas – No, that did not work - I think because everyone had already received the email – they just hadn’t opened it. There was a message that came up saying the message would not be sent to anyone who had already received it.

I got this message when I did what you said:

Hello Margie,

We just wanted to let you know that when we attempted to send your email, listed below, there were no eligible contacts. As a result, no one received the email.

Everything worked as it should have, but we wanted to inform you in case you expected the email to reach any contacts.

This may have happened for a number of reasons, most likely because you resent an email and there weren't any new contacts, or if you accidentally removed all of the contacts in a particular list prior to sending your email.

If you have any questions, we're happy to help.

Thanks,

The Constant Contact Team