cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEARN MORE: Automatically Resend an Email to Contacts That Did Not Open

Contacts don't open emails for a variety of reasons: they're too busy, your email got buried on a busy mailing day, or they might not find your subject line that interesting. The good news is that you can set your email to automatically resend to the contacts who didn't open it the first time, and tweak your subject line for them, too.

Interested? Click here to view the full article on our Knowledge Base!

Questions? Ask below!

Nick_S.

Hey! I'm Nick and I am the Social Media & Content Manager for the Community and Social Care team here at Constant Contact, aka @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not at work you can find me kayaking, hiking, and recording a weekly podcast!

35 Comments
CTCT Employee

Hello @SarahH719

Thanks for joining us in the Community! We certainly agree this can be helpful to make sure this email gets opened by as many people as possible. Although you are not able to activate the automatic resend to non-openers once the email has been scheduled, you are still able to easily resend the email to the non-openers once it has been sent. You can follow the steps located in this article in order to accomplish this.

We are more than happy to pass along your feedback to our developers for future additions!

Visitor

Thank you!

Another question I just posted, but I think it will just be seen as a comment and I'd really like some help with this!

Reading your blog and a template is referenced that I like, but cannot find on your site.  Please help!

https://blogs.constantcontact.com/mobile-friendly-email-templates-examples/

Looking for Nonprofit Volunteer and Nonprofit Newsletter.  If they're not available, they shouldn't be included in your blog of great templates.  I hope they are!

thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello @SarahH719,

Thank you for coming to the community today!  I took a look at that blog-post, and it appears that is referencing mostly our older templates.  All of the templates shown on that particular blog are from our legacy newsletter.  You should be able to find quite a few similar updated templates though.  In your account when creating a campaign just go to the 'standard' tab in the templates and then do a search for Nonprofit.

Occasional Visitor

When resending the email to contacts who have not yet opened the email, does the email resend at the same time the original was sent (i.e., the original email was sent out Thursday, Aug. 31 at 4PM) or will it be sent out at 12AM of the day it is scheduled to go out (i.e., 12AM on Monday, Sept. 4)?

CTCT Employee

Hello @JohnN8173,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! That is a great question! Our Resend to Non-Opener feature allows you to choose to send your email out again within 3-7 days of the original send. It will also send out the email at the same exact time that your original went out. Please click here for more information about this feature!  resend.PNG