cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEARN MORE: Automatically Resend an Email to Contacts That Did Not Open

Contacts don't open emails for a variety of reasons: they're too busy, your email got buried on a busy mailing day, or they might not find your subject line that interesting. The good news is that you can set your email to automatically resend to the contacts who didn't open it the first time, and tweak your subject line for them, too.

Interested? Click here to view the full article on our Knowledge Base!

Questions? Ask below!

Nick_S.

Hey! I'm Nick and I am the Social Media & Content Manager for the Community and Social Care team here at Constant Contact, aka @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not at work you can find me kayaking, hiking, and recording a weekly podcast!

35 Comments
CTCT Employee

Hello @JenniferB073,

I apologize that you are not seeing this option. The reason why you are not seeing the button to resend to non-openers is because you are trying to schedule a Legacy Newsletter. That generation of editing does not have this option. Take a look at the picture below to see the difference in versions. If you try and schedule an email that says "Newsletter Email" you will be able to see the button that allows you to resend to non-openers. legacy.png

Occasional Contributor

I'd like constant contact to allow an automatic resend time and date to be edited.  I did a recent email and set the auto resend to a date and time on the 5th day after sending.  

After reviewing my early results and considering the timing of the resend, I 'd like to be able to modify it.

Doing a cancellation and manually creating a new list to do a resend is cumbersome and likely to result in errors as seen by reading the comments and help responses in this forum.  

The whole point of using this program is to automate and simplify email sending to our customers.  This should be a simple fix to allow us to edit the date, time and subject lines on an auto resend.  

I can cancel or modify social shares, why not an automated resend?

Thanks for listening. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @Laels_Moon_Garden,

Thank you for the feedback!  I do see we have a feature request for that option, and I can add you to that request!  We really appreciate your specific feedback on how this feature can be improved. It's great insight for our developers to review as they map out future updates for the product. Please feel free to reach out to us for anything else you may need. 

Occasional Contributor

This feature is great, but it would be even better if you could change the TIME OF DAY on the re-send as well, and not just the subject line. I.E. if you send an email on Monday at 9 AM and want to send a reminder on Thursday at 3PM, etc. Sometimes it's not just re-sending the email, but also sending it at a different time of day, to catch those unopened contacts at a different part of their daily routine, etc. Please consider adding this to enhance this feature further! 

Hi @JeffW467 

I apologize our system does not currently off the option to customize this re-send to your non-openers at the time of your choosing. With that being said I can see you shared this feedback in another section of our Community as well. We have shared a helpful workaround you can try in the meantime on your post.