cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

LEARN MORE: Define Your Own List Segments

When you take the time to segment your contact lists and send the right message to the right people, you get better open rates and overall engagement with your emails. Segments allow you to create customized groups of contacts by looking at your contacts as a whole, despite how many lists you have, and filtering them into a group by list membership, contact information, and email engagement. Once you've created your segments, they're ready for you when you're ready to schedule an email.

Interested to learn more? Click here to visit our Knowledge Base. 

Any questions? Ask below!

Nick_S.

Hey! I'm Nick and I am the Social Media & Content Manager for the Community and Social Care team here at Constant Contact, aka @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not at work you can find me kayaking, hiking, and reading.

13 Comments
CTCT Employee

Hello @AMR_Mgmt_Svc,

Those are excellent questions.  In answer to your first question, that is not currently  an option within the system.  However, our development team is actively asking for feedback on the segments, and I would expect that there will be a number of additions and changes to segments as they learn what people are wanting, and what is needed.  I'm adding you to the feature request for more selection options to be chosen for a single segment.

For your second question the answer is a bit simpler.  Segments do not look at each-other at all.  So Segment C would only be looking at the contacts who didn't receive email B.  The Segment completely ignores the existence of email A unless that email is listed in it's criteria somewhere.

All Star

We have recently moved to Shopify and would love to be able to create segments based on actual product purchase history.  (e.g. Customer bought product A from Brand X so might like product B from Brand X).  Have I missed this feature or any plans to add?  Thanks

Hi @AlisonH272 I apologize for the delay in our response! I would however like to thank you for sharing your feedback on this here in the Community. I can understand how helpful it would be to segment and create follow up emails based on Shopify purchases. Though this feature is not currently available I have submitted this request in your account. This is a feature request our Product Team is tracking.