cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEARN MORE: Subject Line Personalization in the Third-Generation Editor

Want to make your subject line stand out in the inbox because it's customized for each contact? Subject line personalization lets you add contact details, like a first or last name, to your subject line. When your contacts read your subject line, they'll see details unique to them.

Do you want to learn more? Click here to view the full article on our Knowledge Base.

Any questions? Ask below!

Nick_S.

Hey! I'm Nick and I am the Social Media & Content Manager for the Community and Social Care team here at Constant Contact, aka @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not at work you can find me kayaking, hiking, and reading.

7 Comments

hi there,

how do I add brackets as a visual in my subject line for example:

[CASE STUDY] Create Powerful Statements and Savings with Print

CTCT Employee

Hello @LisaC9398,

Thank you for reaching out to us. When trying to add brackets to the subject line while in the editor, it will not let you move forward as it will try to recognize a subject personalization. The workaround would be to add the brackets via the scheduling page. 

From this page, you will be able to insert the brackets in the desired location without any issues:

Schedule page.png

I will be tracking your feedback in your account so that our engineers can review this information. Please let us know if this information is helpful. If you happen to have any additional questions, feel free to reach back out to us. 

All Star

I love the option to personalize headers, but I don't see the "Personalize" button our option in my email header section. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @ExecutiveD39,

I was able to take a look at your account and the reason why you are unable to see this "Personalize" feature is because you are still working in our Second-Generation Editor. For you to be able to use this feature you'll have to create your emails in the Third-Generation Editor, which is available on every account!

We love the personalization in the subject line! Thank you!

Are you working on personalization in the email body as well?