cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overview: Sending an Automated Email Series

With Constant Contact, there are many types of automated emails you can send, helping to save you time in the long run and stay engaged with your contacts. In addition to setting up an Automated Email Series to welcome new contacts who join your list, you can also automatically send a series of relevant, timely follow-up emails to contacts when they open or click through a specific email. Because your contacts must sign up to your list or engage with an email in order to "trigger" the automated series, they've already shown interest in your business or a specific topic and are more likely to engage with similar content.

Read on to learn more about sending an automated email series.

If you have a question, let us know below!

Nick_S.

Hey! I'm Nick and I am the Social Media & Content Manager for the Community and Social Care team here at Constant Contact, aka @CTCTHelp on Twitter. When I'm not at work you can find me kayaking, hiking, and reading.

18 Comments

Hi @IrmaM2 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with this feedback! I apologize you do not see the option to delete or archive your automated email series. Though our archive feature is only available for email campaigns, both of these features you have mentioned are great feature requests we have tracked in your account.

How can you change the reply-to email address for an automated email already created and active? There are no contacts or emails in the queue. Additionally, there are no second steps or additional emails in the series.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Rfruster,

That's a great question. You'll have to copy that email into a new Automated series in order to make any changes to the header. Once you've done that, you can deactivate the previous one! If you have any additional questions about that process, please let us know. 

All Star

How can I edit an active series, by adding more emails to the series?  Do I have to create another all over again or can I disable it, edit it, and then re-activate it?

Hi @KristalF3 

That's a great question! I apologize, at this time being able to edit an automated series while it is active is not a feature we currently provide. It is however a feature request our Product Team is looking into. Why would you want to edit while active and what exactly you are wanting to edit? These are helpful details to have so it may be passed on to this team.