cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Adding Multiple Users To Your Account

Advisor

UpdatedMarch 2018

Many account owners find the need to give others access to their Constant Contact account, however some may be afraid to give full access to personal and/or sensitive information stored within the account. Fear no more! It is now possible for you to create additional user log-ins for your account with varying levels of access and provide them with their own login credentials.

You can assign a role to your additional users to restrict their access in the account while allowing them to contribute to the campaign.  The roles available for your account are:

There are different ways each user will be limited depends on the assigned role. If you're not sure which role to assign to someone, check out what an Account Manager can do, and what a Campaign Creator can do.

The number of additional users available depends on your pricing package. See how many users you can add by going to the upper right corner of your screen and clicking the Profile Icon and then Plans & Pricing.

As an account owner, you can add additional users to your account, edit the user information, and deactivate users that no longer need access (they can be reactivated later).   Here is how:

1. Click the Profile Icon and then My Account.
    NewMyAccount_MyAccount.png
  2.  On the right-hand side, click "Add Users" or “Manage Users” in the Account User section depending on what you want to do..
    Add users
  3.  Fill out the required fields for the new user, including selecting their role, then click Save.
    MY account

Now you have multiple people able to use your account but without you having to give out your login credentials.  

Eric_G

85 Comments
CTCT Employee

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The reason we do not have Washington, DC as a drop down offer is because Washington is the city name and DC stands for District of Columbia. We have District of Columbia as a offering under the State/Province dropdown.

What is the next step? I don't see the new user's info on the manage users page either.

I'm getting the same exact error, and I use Firefox.  I shouldn't have to use a different browser for this to work! Firefox is perfectly fine....

Honored Contributor

Hi Cristi,

I took a look at your account and I see that you were able to add some users this evening. Were you able to add tehm using Firefox or did you have to use another browser?  I see that your version of Firefox should work.

Please let us know!

CTCT Employee

Hi Cristi!

Thanks so much for posting in the community. I'm sorry that adding a user is giving you trouble. I checked on your account and I see that you currently have four users on your account. After you hit the submit button nothing explicit happens - It certainly shouldn't clear the form though. It should just bring you back to the main page of managing users and you should see the new user(s) there. 

If this is not happening for you I would try using a different browser just for troubleshooting to see if it is specific to the internet browser you are using. I was able to create a new user just fine in Google Chrome. Are you using IE or Firefox? If you're in Internet Explorer try using Firefox and vice versa. Let me know if that works for you and if you are still struggling you can try optimizing your browser for use with Constant Contact.