cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Multiple Users To Your Account

Advisor

UpdatedMarch 2018

Many account owners find the need to give others access to their Constant Contact account, however some may be afraid to give full access to personal and/or sensitive information stored within the account. Fear no more! It is now possible for you to create additional user log-ins for your account with varying levels of access and provide them with their own login credentials.

You can assign a role to your additional users to restrict their access in the account while allowing them to contribute to the campaign.  The roles available for your account are:

There are different ways each user will be limited depends on the assigned role. If you're not sure which role to assign to someone, check out what an Account Manager can do, and what a Campaign Creator can do.

The number of additional users available depends on your pricing package. See how many users you can add by going to the upper right corner of your screen and clicking the Profile Icon and then Plans & Pricing.

As an account owner, you can add additional users to your account, edit the user information, and deactivate users that no longer need access (they can be reactivated later).   Here is how:

1. Click the Profile Icon and then My Account.
    NewMyAccount_MyAccount.png
  2.  On the right-hand side, click "Add Users" or “Manage Users” in the Account User section depending on what you want to do..
    Add users
  3.  Fill out the required fields for the new user, including selecting their role, then click Save.
    MY account

Now you have multiple people able to use your account but without you having to give out your login credentials.  

Eric_G

85 Comments
Established Member

Is there any way to increase the number of active users above 10?

We have more than 10 people in our office who create and send emails through Constant Contact.

Honored Contributor

Hi @GabrielaJ 

At this time we do not have the ability to have more than 10 active users within an account. But please Vote for this Idea here in our Idea Forums.

This is a function we need as well.  I am looking at hiring an outside contractor to assist with the writing of our campaigns.  If Constant Contact cannot limit access to our contact list, we will likely have to switch to another service.  Are there any plans to add this security feature?

@ChauncyS wrote:

Are we able to limit their interaction with the Contact List

Frequent Visitor
I am trying to add a user. I have filled out all the required fields, but I see a "Error adding user " error, with no explanation as to what is needed. Thanks for your help.
CTCT Employee

@BostonCenterSRF 

I apologize for the frustrations! I have taken a look into the account and attempted to recreate the issue from my end but was unable to. You will see a user in there as "iwheeler. I am inactive as I deactivated my user after activating it. Since I was able to add a user and didn't receive the same error message you referred to. 

This leads me to believe is may be a browser related issue specifically. What I'd ask is that you first restart your browser and see if that works. If not, if you could try an alternative browser if possible, that is another great troubleshooting step. I am working within Google Chrome and everything worked just fine. If you do not have an alternative browser and restarting does not help, you can run your browser without add ons enabled. I have provided you a direct link with steps on how to do so, no matter your browser. 

What this will do is run your browser without any add ons, extensions, or plugins. These features are frequently downloaded into our browser over time and can cause minor issues like the one we're running into. If this helps, we can then use trial and error to see which exact extension or plug in is causing the issue.

Hope this helps!,

Ian W