cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Multiple Users To Your Account

Advisor

UpdatedMarch 2018

Many account owners find the need to give others access to their Constant Contact account, however some may be afraid to give full access to personal and/or sensitive information stored within the account. Fear no more! It is now possible for you to create additional user log-ins for your account with varying levels of access and provide them with their own login credentials.

You can assign a role to your additional users to restrict their access in the account while allowing them to contribute to the campaign.  The roles available for your account are:

There are different ways each user will be limited depends on the assigned role. If you're not sure which role to assign to someone, check out what an Account Manager can do, and what a Campaign Creator can do.

The number of additional users available depends on your pricing package. See how many users you can add by going to the upper right corner of your screen and clicking the Profile Icon and then Plans & Pricing.

As an account owner, you can add additional users to your account, edit the user information, and deactivate users that no longer need access (they can be reactivated later).   Here is how:

1. Click the Profile Icon and then My Account.
    NewMyAccount_MyAccount.png
  2.  On the right-hand side, click "Add Users" or “Manage Users” in the Account User section depending on what you want to do..
    Add users
  3.  Fill out the required fields for the new user, including selecting their role, then click Save.
    MY account

Now you have multiple people able to use your account but without you having to give out your login credentials.  

Eric_G

85 Comments
All Star
I am trying to add a new user to the account but I don't get the "add new user" button when I get to the account users page.The original manager of this account is no longer managing it. It appears she put my name and email in as the account manager but left in her username. Is that what is preventing me from adding? If so, how can I fix it?
I don't see where I can actually set roles and permissions. Can I set permissions for which mailing list a user can use? Can all users access all of our mailing lists and make changes to them? Can I sent permissions that allow users to edit content, but not send to mailing lists? Thanks!!

Hi @DjV80

Thanks for posting! I reviewed your account and saw that there are a few different user logins. Since you do not see the option to "Manage Users" on the bottom right corner of the My Account page then it sounds like you're logged in as a secondary user, or Account Manager. Only the primary account user, the Account Owner, has access to edit and change users. 

Did the original account creator/owner leave you with the password and username for her primary login? If so please use those to log in and go to My Account> Manage Users and from there you can add a new user. If you do not have that information then please give our Support Department a call so they can assist with an account access process. 

Thanks!

Hi @ASCE-ECB

Great question!

We are currently working on extending different user roles to all accounts. However, at this time your account only has two roles, Account Owner and Account Manager. 

The Account Owner role is that of the account creator- so whomever started the account is by default the owner (although credentials and names associated with roles can be edited), and they have access to update sensitive information within the account such as billing information. 

The secondary users, or Account Managers, have access to:

• Create and edit campaigns.
  • Schedule, publish and send campaigns.
  • View billing statements.
  • Print or email invoices.
  • View other Users in the account.

At this time there is no functionality that would allow for you to set permissions so that users have access to only specific mailing lists, or to edit content without having the option to mail. 

I appreciate you taking the time to ask about user roles and to let us know that you're interested in having them. We will send out a notification once there is an update to user roles for all accounts. 

Thanks!

HI @MCOA_CSec

I see you called in to support for help with this. It looks like the rep was able to walk you though adding another user to your account using My Account > Account Users. 

Please let us know if you need any additional help!