cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Multiple Users To Your Account

Advisor

UpdatedMarch 2018

Many account owners find the need to give others access to their Constant Contact account, however some may be afraid to give full access to personal and/or sensitive information stored within the account. Fear no more! It is now possible for you to create additional user log-ins for your account with varying levels of access and provide them with their own login credentials.

You can assign a role to your additional users to restrict their access in the account while allowing them to contribute to the campaign.  The roles available for your account are:

There are different ways each user will be limited depends on the assigned role. If you're not sure which role to assign to someone, check out what an Account Manager can do, and what a Campaign Creator can do.

The number of additional users available depends on your pricing package. See how many users you can add by going to the upper right corner of your screen and clicking the Profile Icon and then Plans & Pricing.

As an account owner, you can add additional users to your account, edit the user information, and deactivate users that no longer need access (they can be reactivated later).   Here is how:

1. Click the Profile Icon and then My Account.
    NewMyAccount_MyAccount.png
  2.  On the right-hand side, click "Add Users" or “Manage Users” in the Account User section depending on what you want to do..
    Add users
  3.  Fill out the required fields for the new user, including selecting their role, then click Save.
    MY account

Now you have multiple people able to use your account but without you having to give out your login credentials.  

Eric_G

85 Comments
CTCT Employee

Hello @Nancy-EEBA ,

I apologize for the late reply for this. To add a user to will need to click on "My Account" at the top of the page when logged in. Once your "My Account" page loads, you will see an option on the bottom right corner that says "Account Users;" click on Add User under that section. Now you will get to a page where you can create a new user. In terms of settings, you can create a unique username and password for therm and you will be able to select a role for them. "Account Manager" role will allow them access to everything on the account except for personal billing information of yours and "Campaign Creator" will only allow them to create emails (they will not be able to send them or view any other pages.) Other than that, the account info will stay the same in terms of company info, unless changed in the settings.

Visitor

Hi. I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. We have 1 restaurant that uses CC. We are opening a 2nd location in the Fall. Is there a way (Other than just creating/utilizing a separate list) that we could keep the databases separate? We will have different blasts than our current location  as we are opening with only a few promotions, limited hours, no private parties, etc.

Could there be a separate login for that restaurant to only see their database and not accidentally blast to our current restaurant customers? (We are located in different cities). Please let me know & thank you in advance!

Julie 

CTCT Employee

Hello @BryanH06807

Unfortunately the only way to have a separate login for that restaurant to only see their database and not accidentally blast to your current restaurant customers is to create a separate Constant Contact account for the second restaurant. In your current account you can set up a separate login for the restaurant but all content will be visible for all users. This will allow the possibility of accidental scheduling of emails to the incorrect contact groups. If you do choose to create a second user for the second restaurant location users will need to be very cautious when setting up and scheduling campaigns. A great way to organize campaigns is to use folders to categorize which templates are used for each restaurant location. 

DQN
Not applicable

My account says I have three levels of users.  I can only read about two levels-Account Manager and Campaign Creator.  What is the third?

CTCT Employee

Hey there. That's a great question. As an Account Owner (main account) you have the ability to create two additional users, Account Manager and a Campaign Creator. The Account Owner will be the main login to your account. These will be your 3 different account levels. Please let us know if there was anything else you needed assistance with today.