cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click Segmentation - Now Available in the Third-Generation Editor!

CTCT Employee

You created a great campaign and have set up all of your links correctly. Maybe you're trying to drive traffic to your website or have a free download available for your contacts. But how can you easily target those contacts who showed interest by clicking a link in your email in future mailings with more relevant content? With the new Click Segmentation feature now available in our third-generation editor, you will be able to set links to automatically add contacts to a list when they click on a link, helping you better identify the interests of each contact and send them more targeted emails!

clicksegmentation.png

In just a few steps, you can set up a link to enable Click Segmentation. So how can you use this to further engage with your contacts? Let's find out!

"So what is this whole segmenting business?"

Segmenting contacts is a marketing best practice, especially if you have a large list or you have several audiences that you send emails to. It is the best way to make sure that you're sending out the right emails to the right contacts. As an example, if you own a boutique that sells some high-end items, you want to target those contacts who are willing to spend money! Using Click Segmentation, any contact who clicks on a link to a higher-priced item in your email will be added to a list. In the future, you can send an email catered to these contacts who show an interest in higher-priced items.

"That's great! But how I can I engage with them sooner?"

If you have our Email Plus package, you can trigger an Autoresponder email or a series of emails to send automatically to contacts who show an interest in one of your links! Let's say you own a fitness studio and you want to get more people to sign up for your classes. If you insert a link to your class schedule and a contact clicks on it, after setting up Click Segmentation you can send them an automated follow-up email with an invitation to join the class and maybe even include a free class pass. 

We're so excited to introduce this new feature into our third-generation editor! Let us know how you'll be using this for your business or organization. As always, we'll be here if you have any questions.

Caitlin_M

I've been working at Constant Contact since October 2015 and have been a member of the Community & Social Media Support team since July 2016. I love being able to assist our customers through phone support, social media, and also here in the Community and help them succeed with their email marketing. Outside of work, I like to read, eat anything I can, sing loudly in my car, and plan my next adventure.