cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Click Segmentation - Now Available in the Third-Generation Editor!

You created a great campaign and have set up all of your links correctly. Maybe you're trying to drive traffic to your website or have a free download available for your contacts. But how can you easily target those contacts who showed interest by clicking a link in your email in future mailings with more relevant content? With the new Click Segmentation feature now available in our third-generation editor, you will be able to set links to automatically add contacts to a list when they click on a link, helping you better identify the interests of each contact and send them more targeted emails!

clicksegmentation.png

In just a few steps, you can set up a link to enable Click Segmentation. So how can you use this to further engage with your contacts? Let's find out!

"So what is this whole segmenting business?"

Segmenting contacts is a marketing best practice, especially if you have a large list or you have several audiences that you send emails to. It is the best way to make sure that you're sending out the right emails to the right contacts. As an example, if you own a boutique that sells some high-end items, you want to target those contacts who are willing to spend money! Using Click Segmentation, any contact who clicks on a link to a higher-priced item in your email will be added to a list. In the future, you can send an email catered to these contacts who show an interest in higher-priced items.

"That's great! But how I can I engage with them sooner?"

If you have our Email Plus package, you can trigger an Autoresponder email or a series of emails to send automatically to contacts who show an interest in one of your links! Let's say you own a fitness studio and you want to get more people to sign up for your classes. If you insert a link to your class schedule and a contact clicks on it, after setting up Click Segmentation you can send them an automated follow-up email with an invitation to join the class and maybe even include a free class pass. 

We're so excited to introduce this new feature into our third-generation editor! Let us know how you'll be using this for your business or organization. As always, we'll be here if you have any questions.

Caitlin_M

I am the Community and Social Care Manager at Constant Contact. I love being able to assist our customers here in the Community and through social media and help them succeed with their email marketing. Outside of work, I like to read, eat anything I can, sing loudly in my car, and plan my next adventure.

10 Comments

Hi @KyleA0

That's a great question! I can completely understand how creating dynamic links would be helpful with our click segmentation feature. Being able to create dynamic links is is not a feature we currently provide. I would however be happy to track this request in your account and pass on your feedback to the appropriate teams. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks! That's what I suspected. It was the same way with the old Google Campaign click tracking.

I haven't used segmentation yet, but it may prove to be more valuable than prefilling our form. If both were available, though, it would be the cat's meow.

Hello @KyleA0

You're welcome! We're always open to feedback on ways to better our user's experience. Because of this I will also submit your feedback on wanting to be able to include Google Analytics on your Third Generation Editor emails. In the mean time as a work around for we suggest is creating the links outside of your account through Google's Campaign URL builder, and then inserting them as regular links.

So to be clear, the segmentation feature is part of the Email plus package? I currently oversee our church's constant contact account, but I want to get one for my business, and I need to be able to use this feature. I want to make sure I get the correct package.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JewelW85,

Thank you for visiting the community!  The List segmentation option is available to anyone using our 3rd generation editor, instead of the legacy templates.  If you want to also create an auto-responder, which would automatically email those contacts after they click a link, then you would require an email plus package.