cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Use The 3GE Poll Block

Do you ever wish that you could know what your readers are thinking? Well, using our poll block, you have a fast and easy way to get feedback and information from your readers. Here's a quick FAQ that shows you how it works in our third-generation editor.

Let's say I owned a boutique and I was getting ready for fall (definitely a nicer thought than this cold New England winter weather!). For this example, I asked what my readers favorite fall fashion item was. I could use this information in a future email to promote new items, especially those that I know that my readers are interested in.  

pollblock3.png

Once your email is sent, you can go into the reporting for your campaign and click on Total Responses to view the results for your poll.

pollblock5.png

The great part of about this reporting is that you can even filter the poll by the responses and reach out to a specific group on contacts that answered a certain way. For instance, maybe I will be having a sale on boots and I really wanted to send that email to the contacts that said boots were their favorite fall fashion item. I can export those contacts and create a list of my readers who would probably love to know about my sale on boots! Or maybe you're a nonprofit and you've asked your contacts if they would be interested in volunteering at an event you may be hosting. By using the poll block, you now know who is interested in volunteering and you can contact them directly. What a great connection! 

pollblock6.png

As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! What will you use your Poll block for?

Caitlin_M

I am the Community and Social Care Manager at Constant Contact. I love being able to assist our customers here in the Community and through social media and help them succeed with their email marketing. Outside of work, I like to read, find the best taco around, and plan my next adventure.

10 Comments
CTCT Employee

@JulieL34

The link I provided shows the current extent of the customization available. I do apologize the poll block is currently limited on style customization. I have submitted your feedback to our engineers. As an alternative for you, our survey tool does allow changes to the styles within the editor.

Let us know if you have any other questions, we are happy to help!

Occasional Participant

Hello. I added a poll block to an automated welcome email. I can see that people have clicked on it in the "clicks" results (I can't tell which option they clicked from the URL though), but there isn't a poll responses section visible anywhere. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Etta,

Thank you for coming back to the community!  You are correct.  Currently reporting on the poll block is not integrated into the email automation system.  I'll add you to the feature request for us to further integrate those two products together, so that you can see the reporting that you're looking for.

Regular Visitor

I recently used the poll feature for exactly what you've suggested - a poll to solicit volunteers for an upcoming event.  I got responses (good!), but most of the responses did not contain an email, so I have no way of knowing who responded to the poll!  Did I do something wrong? 

CTCT Employee

Hello @LoriJ19972,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that the poll block method didn't yield the results you needed. Perhaps I can offer some insight and advice.

The poll block is directly tied into the coding of the email that tracks other information, such as opening the email, tracking who responds and how for RSVP blocks, etc. Due to this, if the email is forwarded to someone else, or if someone uses the shared email link, then the responses could be skewed.

For example, posting the email to social media is a good way to generate interest, but since we cannot track who clicked what through such a setup, the results of the poll would be anonymous (poll results would show a blank name area and unidentified in the email address area).

For your purposes, I might suggest using our survey tool and having required questions that ask for email address and names. This way, whether shared on social media or forwarded from the original recipient, the person taking the survey can still get their full information to you. Remember to turn on the ability to have multiple responses to ensure forwarded emails can also be us...!

You could also utilize a landing page sign-up form to collect such information as well.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reply to this thread or create a new one, and we'd be happy to assist.