cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of the Presidents Day holiday, our Support office will be open with limited availability on Monday 02/18 from 10:00 am - 6:00 pm ET. Check out our Help Center for all the ways to get in touch with us and get help.

Product Updates: December 2018 [Discussion]

There was no slowing down for us this holiday season! We were busy bringing out some fantastic new features and improvements in December that are sure to help your email marketing. Read the full product update here.

Which update was your favorite? Have any questions about what's new in your account? Feel free to comment below and let us know what you think.

Caitlin_M

I am the Community and Social Care Manager at Constant Contact. I love being able to assist our customers here in the Community and through social media and help them succeed with their email marketing. Outside of work, I like to read, eat anything I can, sing loudly in my car, and plan my next adventure.

6 Comments
All Star

Hi Caitlin,

The circle overlay in the photo editing tool that we used to use in our email campaigns seems to have gone away. See our last draft here - http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?ca=b9052c2a-50a2-4564-9e90-05858c74856e&preview=true&....

Is that totally gone or am I missing something.

Thanks,

Will

Hi @AaronR16

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your example. This has definitely helped us to better understand exactly what you're looking for. Our Image Editor is one of the product updates mentioned in this post by Caitlin. Some of the previously available borders were not carried over in this update, this circle overlay is one of them. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause!

Hi. I'm very sad to find that the new image editor does not allow us to put black borders around photos anymore. That added a classy look to our newsletter and the only available, white border, just doesn't do it. 

Additionally, I wonder if anyone else has been experiencing some very strange activity within the text blocks. I use a Mac and access CC via Safari. At times inserting text seems to delete (or write over) existing text (this has happened multiple times over the last few weeks), and there have been other strange formatting things that have occurred (shifts in text color, or other formatting changes that I have not made, but seem to happen before my eyes). I've used CC for 7 years, this has not been an issue for me before now.

Any updates you can give (or better yet make!) on the border selection would be GREAT. I feel the look of our newsletter has been reduced in quality because of the loss of the border options. It may sound small, but it lends a great deal to the visual page. 

Thanks for your response. Meryl

Hi @MillFallsCharter

I can see you shared your feedback on our image editor in another thread here in the Community as well. So thank you for sharing it here as well. We are always open to receiving feedback like this. As for the experience you’re having with adding text into your email campaign, I apologize this is happening. Have you tried working in a different browser or a private/incognito window? Are you copying and pasting text from an outside source? Having details like this can help us troubleshoot this experience for you.

I have tried that from time to time. Will keep at it... Good to know you team is working on this, however. Thanks.