Automated services not working

KyleD0819
Rookie
0 Votes
I have an automated email set to go out when a new contact is added to a contact list, i have generated a test contact, but nothing happens.. i see the contact list increase by 1 new contact, and the segment also increases by 1 new contact, but no email is sent out. any help would be much appreciated..
1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @KyleD0819. I reviewed the series in your account and created a copy called testtest. After reviewing the series, this was set up as a welcome email type series. Welcome emails will only trigger if the contact joins a list via a sign-up form, inline form, etc. Any contacts added manually will not receive the email. 

To create a welcome email for manually added contacts, you'll need to create the series as a multi-step series. This can be done by viewing the email and changing the series type to "Multi-Step > Contact joins a list. Once this new series is activated, any new contacts who are added to the list will receive the email. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST