cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Bounced Emails

Bounced Emails

Is there a way to generate a list of all bounced emails versus mailing by mailing?
118 Comments
Occasional Visitor
Hello, It would nice if we could download the overall click page report for each newsletter where it shows the urls & # of clicks for each link. Additionally, it would be helpful if we could download a copy of the email reporting page where it shows all metrics for all newsletters sent. Thank you, Gina
I would like to be able to print the engagement tab area share the open and sent information with staff or with other users.
I downloaded the click through reports for several of the articles in my e-newsletter. I don't know which report goes with which article because there is not label. The old format I at least know what the click through report was associated with. This stinks. Another poor upgrade.
Frequent Visitor
I joined Constant Contact over a year ago and I have been creating email mailings since 12/18/2012. I want some additional reporting capability added to your system to help me manage my mailing lists. I would like a batch report that I can kick off for all my contacts sorted by the number of times each person has opened each individual email campaign that I sent to them. I would like the option to base this report on a date range I can enter into the report criteria. I would also like to be prompted if I would like to create a special list for those that meet my criteria. This will help me to identify those that may not be opening my emails. It will give me the opportunity to send those individuals an email asking them if they want to continue receiving my emails and to reply back to me if they do. If I don’t hear back from them, I may remove them from my active list. It is important to me to have the option to clean up my mailing list and to eliminate a bunch of folks that don’t opt out but don’t read my email either.
Solution Provider

With all the great capabilities, I'm surprised this isn't available. I'd like to be able to run a report, that looks at, say, a year's worth of emails, and see who hasn't opened any so I can remove those emails. Ninety days does not help me. If I sent daily, or weekly, emails it would, but that isn't my business model. At this point, I have to individually open each contact who didn't open the last email, and then I can only see 90 days history. A year is a nice amount of time for me. I have events on a yearly cycle. Some of my customers may only open an email about our March event, and that is fine with me. I don't want to eliminate that contact. Any designs on this in the future?

Your system lets you tag email contacts based on the reports we get back; and then send emails to only contacts with a certain tag we've given, like "opened last email". Can you add the ability to target the negative or "null option" in one of 2 ways? 1: Create a feature to select all contacts in any active file with no tags, so we could then tag them all with some new tag (such as "never opens our emails") This way we have globally tagged the people who are not taking the action we desired no matter how many campaigns they have been sent in the past. 2: Create a feature to refine the campaign mailing list target so we can select "do not mail these tags", instead of only being able to refine the target list by "mail only these tags". It would be helpful to have this "null" option like MS Access and other database programs have to select out contacts which lack an entry in a certain field; instead of being able to select only those that do have a certain entry in a given field of the contact record. Thanks
Occasional Visitor
I'd like to be able to export an individual contact's engagement (email activity and history) - Support has told me I can copy and paste but going forward it would be nice to be able to download a report on a specific contact's history and activity.
All Star
There should be audit reports available for the last X months showing contact management activities. For example: Date, contact added/removed/deleted, lists (for each contact)
Occasional Contributor

Engagement data isn't terribly useful if you have to go into each record. If there's an actual report that shows engagement for a list or a mailing, then it's very hard to find. Person by person? How are we supposed to make that useful?

My suggestion is to expand reporting on recipients and the actions they take on emails. To really analyze this data, you have to export 4 or 5 spreadsheets (bounced, opt-outs, cicks, opened) and then manually add the action to each field. This takes a considerable amount of time. It would be much easier to export one spreadsheet that shows all recipients and what action was taken. 

Thank you

Established Member
I would like to be able to export the engagement tab for each contact to be able to see their email habbits and what they have done in the past.
When I pull a report (opens, sends, click throughs) for a specific email address it would be extremely helpful to be able to download the information so that it could be easily forward. Thanks!
You should really have an option to export all contacts along with their engagement (open/clicks) so people can see in mass and do analysis on how many users are active consistently. Can't believe you don't have this considering the data is all there if you are willing to go contact by contact.
Established Member
I have recently joined constant contact and am facing the following issues: I cannot track each and everyone who signs up on the signup tools. You have a number there which is not clickable. So there is an issue with lead management The reports are incomplete because they dont show who is interacting with constant contact. They dont show how many interacted through signups (even if they were in the list). There should also be a greater variety on the reports we can generate. If they are in a list, CC should allow a reply to those people that they are already signed up but it should let us know that this person is trying to contact us. Thanks, Warda
Regular Visitor

Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to select multiple campaigns and run a combined report to see how many times each recipient has been on the "open" or "did not open" list? Yes. It would.

Established Member

There should be an option to download a list of all of the bounced email addresses for an account within the last 30 /60/90 days. Most cc users have clients on multiple lists and having to export/download the bounce list for each eBlast separately (especially when CC doesn't provide an quick way to export/download) and then use Excel to eliminated duplicates is very time consuming

I love to see all statistics. However, I would like to know who consistently is not opening my newsletters and yet not 'unsubscribing'. I can find this information by comparing exported lists from each email but this is very time consuming.

I am extremely disappointed that I still cannot pull reports on subscribers who have not opened or clicked any of my emails over a specified period of time. Telling me to create a spreadsheet and combine single reports on a list the size of almost 200,000 is ridiculous considering other email providers offer this service and have been for some time. I'm afraid if I don't see this service soon I will be searching for a new provider.

SO would like all email reports condensed into one exportable report
Please update CC to allow report data for campaigns to be selectively and collectively exported. Current capabilities are unusable.
I'm interested in monitoring the fluctuations in open rates and click rates on the emails I send over time. I appreciate the bar charts and wish that I could export the data from the reports so I can measure the open and click rates, for example, of my fall newsletter, then my winter newsletter, etc. Instead, I'm likely just going to create my own spreadsheet with your data to monitor this myself. It would be a really nice function to have within CC.
Please create filters for contact lists. Who opened the last email. Who opened the last two emails. Who opened emails in the last month. Right now there is no way to access this information easily ... all that information is available, there's just no way to break it down quickly. If I knew who opened what and when, I could target the next email, follow-up emails, or resend emails with much more confidence that I'm not bothering my followers. In the case of a resend, if I knew a group of folks had not opened the last three emails, I'd send a follow-up email. However, without that info ... it's too difficult to define this group and I'm not willing to send a follow-up email without the info because of the spam/opt-outs I'd get. Please put this on your to-do list!!
Occasional Visitor

Can you create an easier way to see how many opens or clicks a particular user has done? Now, you can see how many opens they've had but you have to browse through the list looking for the same email address or name. If we could at least have sort capabilities by email and name, it would be much quicker to gather this info. Better though, would just be a new report that shows most engaged or something similar and shows multi-open / multi-click users and what actions they did. This will greatly help if we'd like to follow-up the campaign with a call or email. Those really engaged would be at the top of the follow-up list. Do you send us updates to our inquiry so we know if/when they are implemented? Thanks! Candy **Removed By Moderator**

Do you mean overall - for all your campaigns - kind of report? Or do you mean for each individual campaign?

I would love to be able to do this for all sets of an email's reports. Say for instance I'm running a campaign to promote a certain product being able to see how the click through rate changes over time compared to the number of opens I'm getting and so on. I think being able to create a report from a folder of emails would be extremely helpful.

Solution Provider

**Removed By Moderator** has a five-star rating system where you can pull up your most avid email readers. Their system looks at all the emails sent, not just the last one. It would be good to send special emails to these hot responders. And **Removed By Moderator** is free. I like Constant Contact, but right now I'm referring my clients to **Removed By Moderator**. They don't need all the bells and whistles of CC, but this hot responder list is a good one.

Occasional Visitor

It would be great to pull a report that showed the people who clicked on anything in the emails. This report should be able to be specific to a campaign or for a date period for all sent emails in that date range.

I want to run analysis on open rate and click-through rate on a contact level across multiple emails. It would be much easier if I could export data from multiple emails instead of email-by-email and separate files for open, send, and clicks. Are you planning to add this feature?
All Star
I would lk a report that allows customized choices of fields, but ultimately showing me name and click throughs by emails in a folder. ie I send out several newsletrs & wd lik to see a report showing each person on that LIst, then if they opened and clicked through the newsletter for several issues back. At the least, when I drill down to click thrus, they shd be sortable.
Cannot get granular with data reporting. For instance, I have no way of looking at a specific list and seeing how many contacts were on the list in a custom time frame, and how many unsubscribed during that period. This data would be very useful in determining future use of your product.
Occasional Visitor
Having to export each report and cross referencing it manually is really tedious
Visitor
I would like the opportunity to see graphs that compare two stats for all email campaigns, i.e. bounce rate vs. time of day email sent, open rate vs. time of day or day of week, etc. Is this possible somehow? If not, I would at least like the option to download all reports for emails sent to one Excel file so I can do the graphs in Excel. I appreciate any insight you can provide on how best to accomplish this in your program.
All Star

Is there a way to do this without clicking on the contact individually and scrolling through the emails they were sent to see if they have opened anything from us. **Removed By Moderator**

Regular Visitor
I would like a clickable report when I try to add contacts and I can't because it says they've unsubscribed. I would like to know who these people are b/c these are people who say they want to get our emails, but don't. They blame us for this, when they've actually marked us as spam.
Occasional Visitor
I am shocked and furious that there is no easy way to delete all the contacts that aren't opening any of my emails. We should be able to just simply do a sort to show all the contacts that aren't active. Clearly this is your way of forcing me to pay for contacts that aren't active. Unbelievable!!!
It's very painful to have to go into each email and then look at the history of each contact. A report that would list anyone who has bounced within the last X emails and their history would be very helpful.
Occasional Visitor
It is difficult to manage my contact without being able to view the contact engagement by the list. It is too time consuming click on individual contacts. I need a function to download the history.
All Star
Do not average all e-mails. I, for instance, have two groups, one is retail (customers), the other are businesses -- my wholesale accounts, which open at a lower rate than my retail subscribers do. I handle my B2B a bit differently than my B2C and would like to see the open rates not combined for an overall open rate average.

It would extremely helpful if you could create one report that could be exported for all of the "bounced" emails...rather than having to go into each campaign and export them that way. I just exported the "unsubscribed" report and it is so easy to obtain. Thank you.

Established Member
It would be a lot easier to view year over year or month over month comparisons if the reporting system allowed you to aggregate an entire month or an entire year of data. So, if i wanted to see the total Sent/Bounces/Spam, etc for January 2015, there should be a way to do that instead of manually having to total everything up
Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback! Can you help us by telling me what you would do with the historical report? 

Regular Visitor
I tried importing a simple text (.txt) file but got an error message for .csv So then I tried just importing a list of addresses and names; message was "28 contacts have been added", however I cannot find the new contacts in the list. I don't really want to spend all day trying to add these names.
Our company manages a list of tens of thousands of contacts for very specific target accounts in our industry and send dozens of emails weekly. We need a way to export a list of all emails that bounced from all contacts across all campaigns so we know what specific emails need to be updated in our Client Relationship Management system. Unfortunately, it is not feasible to export each individual email results for bounced emails with the magnitude of work we use these emails for.
Currently, your survey reporting options do not allow to download or print out a comprehensive report that includes details and comments. The individual response report is completely unusable as each question and answer runs horizontally and cannot be printed out. At a minimum, having questions populate vertically on a spreadsheet with respondents' answers running horizontally would be helpful. If data cannot be printed out and standard size paper in a readable font size, then it is unusable for most people. Additionally, all reports should be able to be downloaded in PDF form.
Regular Visitor
It would be very helpful to have a complete report to export.

Thanks for posting this feedback!

I would like to populate a report based off contacts opens. Meaning those who open occasionally, frequent or never. Populate by date range . Then we can target market to those accordingly. Also known as a recall function . Please please so important...
Solution Provider
I am trying to clean up our data and remove old contacts, eliminate less active subscribers, etc. It would be GREAT if you guys would add a feature to the export in "advanced info" where I can select all of our "active" contacts, then also report on their level of engagement IN ONE PLACE. It's going to take so much more time to drill down and revisit old emails and export each and every one of them and the reports are not going to be as useful - and it's way more time consuming... way more time wasted. Please add this one little checkbox to the export and I (and I'm sure many other users) will be very happy. Thanks
Before the website was completely redone, users had the ability to select the box to the right of the email list and then merge them. Now that feature is gone, how can we go about merging multiple contacts without having to open each group?! This is a complete waste of time for something that used to be so simple and be done in two minutes time.