cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are unable to login to their accounts. We are aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Cumulative Did Not Open Report

Cumulative Did Not Open Report

I want to remove contacts that have not opened my emails in over 12 months. Thanks, M

168 Comments

It seems to me if a contact that has not opened even one of the last ten emails I have sent should be eliminated from my contacts list.

In working with Eric today we noticed that Constant Contacts does have the ability to see who has not opened each email.

My suggesting would be to create a spread sheet with the following columns

Last name    email address     and columns for each of the most recent emails

Then place an x in the appropriate row and column if they did not open it. For example

Name of          Name of               Name of                 Name of

Most recent    2nd most recent  3rd most recent   4th most recent   and on for

Last name    email address                    email                   email                 email                    email                next 6 or so

Smith             TSmith@aol.com                 x                          x                        x                           x

Jones             SJones@yahoo.com           x                          x                                                     x

A simpler to create and perhaps more beneficial would be to have a spreadsheet of all the contacts and place an x for the emails opened. The Name of the Most recent emails could be say the first couple of words of the name

Then a person would get an idea who are the ones who really are using it by the x marks and the ones who never open would have a row of blanks. These persons could then be removed from the list.

Arlo Moehlenpah  moehlenpah@aol.com

Occasional Contributor
I have sent an email every week for more than 3 years and average 100 - 110 opens per week. There are many addressees who have never opened an email, is there a report that can show which addresses have never opened an email as a list to be able to purge them? I noticed that if I open the sent report, I have to click on one at a time to find out if that person has opened a newsletter.
Solution Provider

It would be awesome if there were a way to create a list of those who don't open emails for a consistent period of time and then be able to either reach out to them in a way that is relevant or to determine if they were worth getting off the list.

Regular Visitor
Wish there was a way to view, update and or delete any of my 3400 names from my contact list that have NOT opened any emails from a date that I am able to set through your platform on my own. Ex: If I asked to view a list of contacts that have NOT opened an email from Jan 1 2011 and before I would like the ability to remove from my list as a group not one by one.
I would like to access emails listed under the contact's engagement section to see specific reports on whether there was interaction by that contact. I want to be able to look up the details for that particular email without having to go back out to my Email tab and then search for the email in question. Is this something Constant Contact will implement?
All Star

I can pull up individual contacts and see a report of their activity.  It would seem that creating a list of those with no activity should be a rather simple task within Constant Contact, but users do not have access to query the information across multiple contacts and multiple emails.   Why should I have to export and combine reports via Excel when the information I am looking for is available in Constant Contact?

All Star
Would like to remove contacts from did not open list but that option is not available
Occasional Visitor
It would be much easier if a report could just be run that lists everyone that hasn't opened an email in the past 6 months (or user defined amount of time).
Visitor
Is there a way to get a list of contacts who never open mail from us?
All Star
it would be nice to be able to search for contacts who have not opened emails -say for the last year or last 6 sends. It takes a long time to search each name individually
Hi, I love the Did Not Open list so thanks for creating this! I have a couple of suggestions for making it even better. First I'd like to be able to create a Did Not Open list which shows me contacts who have not opened my emails for a period of time which I specify. So for example, I'd like to be able to create a list that shows me the contacts who did not open my last 3 emails or my last 6 emails. Secondly, I'd like to choose the fields I can see on the Did Not Open list as the options available at the moment are quite limited. Thirdly, can you add a warning when moving contacts between lists so that no-one else does what I did : added contacts from 1 list to another list but blanked out the boxes with the "-" in them, which, I realized afterwards, removed my contacts from those lists. A warning message with an explanation of the "-" symbol may have prevented me from doing this. Or, even more helpful, an Undo option! Thanks and Happy New Year! Alison
Contributor
To assist CC customers better analyze email reports, add a column on the "Did Not Open" report page for the date that the initial email was sent. Also, fix this feedback form to not show others customers "Briefly describe your feedback." It is aggravating to have to have to re-write feedback three or four times because someone else's description was inserted into my feedback form.
Occasional Participant
I'd like to be able to delete directly from the 'did not open' category and can't seem to do so.
Regular Visitor
is there any way to track repeat "did not opens"? If someone doesn't open 4-5 times in a row, I'd like to take them off the list.
In reports, I can see Did Not Opens, but to see if someone has ever clicked on any of the emails I have sent, I have to go through them one by one. Then click back, then click on Did not Open again. Very frustrating. I'd like an easy way to see my contacts that have never opened a newsletter, and be able to delete them.
Visitor
You all need something that shows which contacts aren't opening emails in a while so we can decide if we want to remove that person from the list or try to reengage with them... we would have better open rates if we deleted some of the people who have stopped opening them for a long time..
Regular Visitor

Thank you! Our old email software had a "list clean up" option where you could easily select to remove contacts that have not opened any of your emails in a specific amount of time. It also allowed a person 3 bounces, then removed them from your list if you wanted. It seems like this would be an easy feature for CC to add.

I only want to get rid of people who haven't opened the last 3 months worth of emails, but if I read the directions correctly, the way described here will delete anyone who didn't open the last email (or whichever email you are using). We have customers that might open one but then not open any for a few months, and I'd hate to lose someone who occasionally reads them just because last month's newsletter heading didn't apply to them.

Any update on if CC will get a better list clean up system? Our open rate is low due to a lot of dead weight in our list.

Thanks,

Kat

Regular Visitor
It would be such an improvement to the Reports if there was a way to sort contacts by most and least engaged with a campaign. I would like to know if there's someone who opens every email, without having to go through contact by contact (which, to my knowledge, is the only way to do this). If I could follow my most engaged contacts I would be able to reach out to them personally and have a better chance of turning my email marketing into a sales engine. Please take this into consideration!
In an effort to keep our lists relevant, we need to ability to generate a report/list of contacts that have not opened our messages for a specified time period (90 days, 180 days, 360 days). This will allow us to contact the subscriber again with a message to resubscribe or they will be unsubscribed. Since not all mobile devices record opens it is not safe to unsubscribe automatically if we happen to review a record that shows no opens.
Frequent Visitor
It'd be great to sort contacts by engagement - so I can pull anyone who hasn't opened an email in 90 days.
Occasional Visitor
I would love a feature to be able to isolate the contacts who are not opening my emails on a regular basis. Thank you for making this happen ~ Karen
I would like to request a way to generate a report for contacts who consistently don't open their emails (not bounces, but non-engaged contacts). Due to the nature of my work, my contact list is fluid. I don't want to keep paying for contacts who don't belong on my list any more, and I don't want to spam people who can no longer use my services. I appreciate any help you can give me.
Frequent Visitor
I know that you can view people who have and haven't opened your emails on a certain email, but can you add a section where it shows all of the emails that they have and haven't opened so it doesn't take forever to look through every email individually.
All Star
I understand that I can figure out who has never opened an email by exporting the did not open list from each email and collating all of the files. This will take an unbelievable amount of time. I feel that this is something ConstantContact could create a program for and then have all of their clients be able to use. Thank you for your consideration. Tracey Abbey Taylor
I have called about this several times. Is there a way of adding to the statistics who didn't open the emails to date from all of the contacts emailed. I think it would be great to know collectively to date who opened, who clicked and who didn't open emails, without have to go through each email individually. thanks, RS
Please provide a way to automate a report that shows non opens for a period of time so that they can be mailed to see if they want to stay as subscribers. At the moment it is SO time consuming to get this information - and must also put a strain on your systems due to the number of reports that have to be run. The only way I know to do this at the moment is: - Download each open list for a period of time (say two months = 9 downloads. - Put all those emails into one large spreadsheet and run a pivot table to remove duplication. - Upload all to a new list on Constant Contact. - Create a new list to show full list less opens = non opens - Download this non-open list and choose a range of dates to email with a special message asking them if they want to stay subscribed. ALL this could be simplified into one simple report by Constant Contact if there was a way to see opens for a given time period and most importantly NON OPENS for a given time period. Thank you
Visitor

Please have a report available to pull all unsubscribes at one time from all campaigns, rather than having to go in each campaign to retrieve this information.

Occasional Visitor
Please evaluate a procedure upon which I can remove those who have opened an email from a campaign so that I can resend the campaign without resending to those who already opened the email This is particularly useful when trying to sell to a group of emails. I don't want to continually send to those that have already opened email, but I would rather focus on those that have NOT opened the list. By the way, my lists are pre-qualified when I entered them into constant contact.
Would love to have a report of contacts that have never opened any of the emails over the course of certain periods of time. Example: 3 Months | 6 Months | 1 Year
It would be nice if when I exported all of my contacts there were a column that told me the last time that contact at any engagement with my e-mails
Visitor
I would like a user friendly tool to delete unresponsive contacts by sorting and deleting emails that have not opened within a user defined number of months or sent emails. This seems like the best way to improve open rates and reduce the cost of email campaigns.
a way to help track repeated no opens without having to look one contact at a time...if someone doesn't open your emails multiple times and during multiple sends I would want to be able to consider for recommended for removal
Occasional Visitor
Provide better tools to remove contacts that do not open emails. If a contact does not open three or more consecutive emails we assume they are not interested in reading what we send. We would like a simple mechanism that identifies these contacts and creates a list to be examined. Using the list one could then remove them from the contacts.
Solution Provider
Hi, This is a third request for some tools to effectively clean up the email list. Constant Contact makes no distinction between a mailbox that is temporarily available and one that is permanently gone. Hence, if removing "recommended for removal" emails I remove a number of valid subscribers. I wanted to export the bounce report from several pushes and manually compare them, but the exports all fail. Hence, I am stuck emailing to an unclean list. What we really need is a report on the emails that bounced 3 or 4 times in a row.
Our organization is just under the 5000 contact threshold and it would be nice to delete contacts that have not opened our emails in the past twelve months or longer. Our typical eblasts are sent to on an average 4000 contacts, but only opened by 600. It would be helpful to have a report that lists contacts that are basically inactive and allows us to delete them as a group (not individually). PLEASE develop this feature!!
Regular Visitor
I would like to be able to see a Report on Contacts as easily as I do on the Emails. When I send an email out, I would like to see a spreadsheet of contacts that opened it as well as those that did not Open it -- I may for instance have a bad email addy.
Occasional Visitor
I have been using ConstantConact at Lester Martin Jewelers for a little over 5 years. I currently have over 2500 email addresses in my list. I have rarely had an open rate over 50%. I am guessing that about 20% of my contacts have never opened any of my emails. Since there are no reports to tell you who didn't open, there is no way to find this out. I would like to be able to run a report of contacts who have never opened an email and the date they were entered in to ConstantContact. With this ability, I could delete the contacts least likely to open my emails, increase my open rate, and save money. This is the first true flaw I have seen in this program. I am and have been one of your biggest fans and promoters for many years. However, I feel the inability to run this type of report is one of those things that would make me say to a prospective user that they can do everything but manage your contacts.
Occasional Advisor
Hi. I think you need to add a report that downloads all contacts who have never opened an email so that I can remove them. We are a non-profit and we need to save as much money as we can. Paying for contacts who never open our emails is wasting our resources. Right now it's quite a convoluted and time-consuming process to get this final report as I have to download reports from a bunch of recent emails and compare them to those who opened emails. I looked on your forums and it appears that this is an issue going all the way back to 2011... Not good! Please add this basic functionality.
Visitor
I wish there was a way to better segregate contacts that maybe have not opened an email in a certain period of time. I would like to be able to delete these contacts. As it is now, it is taking me a long time to do this.
I don't want to spam, so I want to delete those who have not opened an e-mail in six months.
We are a charity and all the people we email are active supporters. However only about 35% are shown as ever opening our newsletters. Your feedback information shows us the people who did not open our emails individually bit to get a list of people who have never opened an email, we have to export the information from each individual newsletter. From the database it must be possible for you to get me a list in the same way as you list all those who have never opened emails.
It would be nice if you could view all of your did not opens together and not have to go into every campaign you sent.
Visitor

It would be awesome if we could see a list on Contacts that have not opened up the last 2, 3, etc. emails all under one list. With this we could delete the unneeded contacts all together.

It would seriously help us if we could view a list of people who never open our emails. It would be even better if we had a list of people who almost always opened our emails. The never opened filter will help us better target who cares and who doesn't, and as you know...it would probably make our open rate higher if we purged uninterested contacts.
Frequent Visitor
I want to clean up my contact list by taking out people that never opened any of my emails in the last 12 months.
Frequent Visitor
It would be great to weed my list and get rid of people who have not opened the newsletter for a full year or more.
Occasional Visitor
Cleaning out contacts is not easy. If I can find out who is not opening which seems high this may tell me how many to remove from contacts. I also thought I was allowed to send to 500 contacts NOT that I could only have 500 contacts based on my plan.
Visitor
Is there a way to determine if any of our contacts have NEVER opened any of the emails? I used your tips for adding a tag to determine if they hadn't opened one campaign, but how can you determine if their spam blocker is blocking them all? If our newsletters/campaigns can't be delivered, I don't want to have to go through the list of contacts one by one.
1. I wish I could get reports showing me how many contacts have never opened an email for the past year. 2. For those who have opened some emails, I would like to be able to see how many they have opened, i.e. have they open only 1 in a year, or have they opened 9 out of 10, etc. 3. Then I wish there were a way to group non-responders and low responders so I could easily delete dead weight. I see requests for this back to 2013 in the Community, but I don't see how to do it. I'm having to very slowly review each contact by hand and cull them individually. It's very labor intensive. Thank you.
Occasional Visitor
I was hoping to get a list of contacts that have not opened an email in the last 6 months so I can target those people for a re-engagement promotion. It is my understanding that I have to export the donot open from each email that I have sent over the last 6 months export the list and then massage the data in excel. This is a painfully long process for me to do.