cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cumulative Did Not Open Report

Cumulative Did Not Open Report

I want to remove contacts that have not opened my emails in over 12 months. Thanks, M

168 Comments
Established Member
It would be very productive to be able to manage contacts into a list who haven't opened an email (ever, or for a set amount of time or send-outs). This would allow a specialty email to be created, geared towards getting un-interested contacts to be more interested, by changing up the subject or body content. Right now the process involves creating two lists and cross-checking who opened vs. who did not open. The other alternative is dumping the information into a spreadsheet program which can be even harder to work with comparatively. Please make some way to organize recent contacts who didn't open their emails (but got them) into a new list.
Occasional Visitor
Is there a way to see if an email address has never opened an email without scanning the sent items by hand?
Occasional Contributor
Need to have a better system in place for noticing when people are NEVER opening email messages from Constant Contact. Get a clue! Even Meetup has a way of deleting people from the membership who haven't visited the website for over one year. I'm beginning to expect that you do this on purpose to make money.
Frequent Visitor
as I can know within 30 days they opened my mail contacts and contacts not open in a month, to remove them from the database. Similar to report every mail but I need more global, as a report of interaction between the mail and contacts, know who and who is not open all the time of subscription to my account. I hope I understand (translated)
Regular Visitor
It would be VERY helpful to have a bounce back report that covered all campaigns in one report. Digging into each campaign to discover which emails have bounced is not efficient.
Regular Visitor
The way to find this list of repeated bounced email addresses in a report under the Email Heading, and not in the Contacts section via search is really dumb.
Regular Visitor
Hi, I would like to be able to filter our opt in emails by people who have not opened our emails in the last few years. As it stands now, we have to open each member older than 4 years and look to see if they have opened our emails in the last few years. Many of them have! So we are asking people who have opened our recent emails if they want to receive them. We would like to filter those out. Thanks, Marcy
Occasional Visitor
I would find more value in Constant Contact if I there was an advanced contact management system. I often want to see which contacts are under performing (i.e., not opening particular campaign emails). This would allow me to parse those contacts that have either never opened one of our campaigns or haven't opened a campaign for a period of time (i.e., the last year). Then, we can decide to either directly contact under performing contacts or delete them from our active list. We want to stay under 5K emails to keep our subscription costs down. Thank You, Nathan H.
Regular Visitor
I'd like to trim our bloated contacts list by removing any contacts that haven't opened one of our emails in, say, the last 6 months or 1 year, but I don't see any way of sorting the list that way or pulling up a report with that information.
Occasional Contributor
It will be useful if there is a periodical report listing the email ids that didn't open the emails even a single time so we can analyze and remove them from the active list of contacts (if decided by the customer).
All Star
Please find a way to make it easier to identify and delete contacts who haven't opened an email in the past 12 months. Right now I have to manually open each contact, review their activity, and then manually delete if they haven't opened one in 12 months.
Occasional Visitor
I would love to see a report of all email addresses that bounced from every campaign - as well as a list of all email addresses that have not opened any campaign. Do those reports exist?
Frequent Visitor
With over 3,300 emails on my list, I cannot manually track the people who are opening my materials. I want to be able to cleanse my list of people who are not reading my materials without having to manually review one email at a time.

I would like to be able to run a report that would tell me which of my contacts haven't opened certain emails.  Like a report that would tell me if a contact never opens our newsletter.  Or a list of contacts that hasn't opened an email in the last 3 months.  It seems like this report should be an option.  

Occasional Visitor
Hello: What we need is to determine who isn't opening most if not all of our emails. Ideally, we would view all contacts and see the activity of each contact for ALL emails, collectively in one report. As it is we can only view who didn't open each individual email. This is not an option to determine who to remove as that would be MUCH too time consuming. But we have to do something as a large number of contacts are wasting spots. We are getting close to entering a new price range that we don't want to waste money on if we can remove contacts who aren't even reading our emails. There currently isn't a way to do this. If there was, it would be take mere minutes. As it is, we are looking at possibly weeks to review and compare each report for each email we send. Thank you
Visitor
Somehow - Someway! There should be away to sort and display those address that have opened each campaign etc. Capturing those addresses would make all the difference to us in our campaign. Do you have that capability now? What am I missing? I would consider paying extra to get it.
All Star
I would like to be able to sort the list of contacts and remove those that have not opened the last 5, 10, or 15, or 20 emails. You have all the data on your site so it seems that this would be an easy sort function with an option to place those that do not open emails on a do not mail list. thanks, Gary
Occasional Visitor
Our list is nearly 10 years old. With a list this aged, we are certain that a portion of our client emails are no longer being opened for various reasons such as the client no longer uses the listed email or the client has passed away. In order for us to accurately assess our statistics on our email marketing, I see a need for a way to be able to have a complied open rate report for the past year/2years etc so we can edit our list to better reflect our existing customers who we are marketing to. This way we could filter out or sequester emails that have not been opened in long periods of time. Thank you for your consideration.
It is easy to get a list of people who did not open 1 campaign. But we need a list of people who did not open any of the most recent 10 or 15 or 20 campaigns, and there is no way to get that. Please implement this feature.
All Star
I know that of all my contacts, there are some who have never opened them up. Is there a way for someone to send in a query, somehow ask for a list of people who have never opened the emails or who may have opened them up 5% of the time, some low figure? Now a person would have to go through the list one by one. Loren Elkin
Occasional Visitor
I would like to be able to see who has NEVER opened an email and not just a specific email.so I may take action and get the very most out of CC. thanks
Visitor
I am trying to delete some of our contacts who haven't opened an email for several months to a year and still haven't opted out. My complaint is this: Say I'm working on pages 101-150 and I've deleted the ones I want, the program then takes me all the way back to pages 50-100. I then have to scroll through until I get to the page I was working on. Why can't I just go back to the previous page instead of all the way back to the beginning??
All Star

I really woul like to see a report available that shows # of campaigns opened per email address (i.e.--has someone opened all, 1 out of 10 (for example) or none of the campaigns.  I do not want to click on each individual email address to get this information.  If someone has not opened any but I am still seeing them as a customer I need to find out if they have a different email address that they use now.  Also if someone only opens a small # of emails it will help me determine which email topics are possibly of more interest.

Frequent Visitor
I would like to figure out how to determine people who never open their emails.
Occasional Visitor
I would like to know who has not opened my emails for the past six months or so. Since you know (and I can retrieve it email by email) it should be simple to compile that data and allow me in a FEW SIMPLE steps to send emails to those contacts. Now I have to export each list individually and do some work on the data to find out who isn't opening the emails. Thanks.

I would like Constant Contact to allow me to filter my contacts who have never opened one of the emails I have sent them, so I can remove them from my list.

I know that ConCon would lose money with this feature, but it would also lessen the likelihood of spam reports. And would certainly insure that someone who has absolutely no interest in what I am sending is not forced to receive it.

How about it?

Cheryl

Wayne State University

Send about 80 enewsletters a year

All Star
Hi It would be nice to have a tool that could look at the list of people who 'did not open' several successive e-mails (you already tell us who didn't open a particular e-mail) and pick out the e-mails that appear not to have opened any of our mail. We could then have a choice of removing those names from our list, OR we could e-mail them to say that they appear not to be opening our e-mails, and we are proposing to remove them from the list. OR, really neat would be the ability to create this list of people who seem repeatedly not to answer our e-mails, and send them an e-mail that contains within it a link to confirm that they still want to get our e-mails, and says that if they do not re-confirm, we will stop sending them e-mails.
Frequent Visitor
i would like a list of any customers who have NEVER opened an email. ty
All Star
I have a list I send to daily for Fuel Price Notifications, and am wanting to identify those emails that are never opened from that list.
When are we going to be able to do a bulk purge of contacts that have never (or not recently) opened emails?

For my wish list, I would like to have a way to filter out all of the accounts that have not opened any emails for a period of time.  For example, listing all the clients who have not opened any emails over the last 12 months.  I know that this can be done by running and exporting several reports and them comparing the lists... but it is time consuming.  Then we could take that list and see if the accounts need to be unsubscribed or deleted.

Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

It would be incredibly helpful to determine people on the list that have never opened our emails or have done so on a very infrequent basis.
All Star
It would be extremely helpful to be able to pull up a list of clients who have opened emails in the past 6 months- 1 year. And vice versa those who have not opened emails in the past year. Deleting people one by one is so time consuming and your formatting makes it confusing in the respect that slashing the name does not signify to me that these emails have been removed.
Visitor
Is there a simple way to get a view/list of those emails that haven't opened our last two (2) email campaigns? We need to find out why, any help, feedback would be great.
Occasional Contributor
It would be great if a folder existed that held all of the inactive contacts. For instance, if a contact hasn't opened an email in the last 3 or 6 months, they would be moved to the "Inactive" folder. That would make it much easier to weed-out the people who just don't open their emails.
Frequent Visitor
I would like to be able to see who has never opened an email so that I can delete those emails.
It would be nice to be able to see which of my contacts have been receiving my newsletters, but haven't been opening any of them. I have contacts from 2007, but I want to see if they've been opening my emails. If not I want to remove them and keep only qualified contacts.
Visitor
It would help to have a separate list of those customers who have not opened a campaign in 30 days, 60 days and 90 days so that we can market directly to them.
PLEASE stop changing this site all the time! It's already way to complicated, hard to use, and SLOW, and I don't have time to figure out the changes every week. Just keep it the same for a while! PLEASE!
Frequent Visitor
I want to remove people from my list who haven't opened my emails in one year. Nearing 10,000, I don't want to pay for that level when I have a 10% open rate. I was told to go back and collect all the do not opens. But that won't work because some may have open one time or another.There's no way to aggregate people who never open. Just all the people who didn't open in each campaign. That is useless to me. So how can I get rid of people who haven't opened in a year - there is no way. Thanks so much - not very good data base management is it?
All Star

No.  But I'm lucky we usually just do a monthly newsletter.  Organizations that do weekly or daily (and I won't even think about those that do more than one a day) must find it impossible to act like professionals.  I export six months worth of Sents and Opens; import into Access after some editing; compile everything after some more editing; and run a query to identify those who were sent the prior six newsletters but who opened none of them.  Ok, I admit it, it's such a pain that I sometimes do it only once a year instead of every six months.

Michael

Occasional Contributor

With the recent platform changes, has this issue been addressed at all?   I also manage my "Did Not Open" list externally and would love to have an easier method. 

Frequent Visitor
Currently one can only review historical opening patterns under each specific contact. It would be a real time saver to allow users to define time frame and/or # of campaign parameters to develop a “Did Not Open” contacts list. These stale emails can then be scrubbed from Contacts.
Visitor
When I see someone who never opens my emails, in the "did not open" list I want to quick delete them. I do not see a way to do this. Just "remove from lists" checkboxes, which is tedious and does not remove the email.
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Administrator
Status changed to: New

Established Member
I would like you to have a report to list people who did not open emails and how many they did not open. I am interested in knowing whether there are people who consistently do not open things from us or whether it is random
Occasional Visitor
I would like to request a way to see who has or has not opened an email, without look at a person one by one.
Frequent Visitor
Comparing across multiple campaigns, how can we identify those in our list who have NEVER opened a message to help us evaluate what might be holding back delivery?