Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Show and sort most and least engaged contacts

Hello, I am incredibly impressed with the level of service I have received form Constant Contact and tell folks all the time it is the best company I have ever worked with. However, that being said there is something I need or else I will be looking elsewhere for service(I HATE SAYING THAT). You need to include a column in the reports section that we can export. We need to be able to see the engagement level of our customers so we can order them from greatest to lease and vice versa. From a sales perspective this is a must. I can remove hundreds from my list that have never opened an e-mail or I can call the folks in person that have opened everything I have sent. Without this ability I am missing HUGE opportunities to know who is hot and who is cold. Please do this ASAP, I have been asking for 6 months and have seen nothing yet. I DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE CONSTANT CONTACT! Please!!

Top Answer
Frankie_P

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience as we looked into this! Because many of the requests made on this thread are currently available through contact engagement, so we are going to close this idea. Please feel free to continue voting and commenting on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

164 Comments
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @OTTO  what engagement details are you looking for? How does our segment feature not fit your needs for this?

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community. We haven't heard back from you so we are going to close this idea. This doesn't mean that we aren't listening to your feedback! If you would like to continue the conversation, please feel free to reply here in the Community or vote on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Closed - Implemented

Hi everyone, thank you for your patience as we looked into this! Because many of the requests made on this thread are currently available through contact engagement, so we are going to close this idea. Please feel free to continue voting and commenting on any of the other open ideas to let us know what you would like to see.

PaulS6756
Rookie

I read your note contact engagement, as it was in a response to other user requests.  However, it misses any details about what analysis we might want to accomplish.  The high engagement is good to know but is extremely limited in its usefulness. 

I really think the need is more related to the detail that is included in each user profile, specifically for each campaign what was that user's engagement.  I can see wanting engagement reports for:

• a specific newsletter 
  • all newsletters within a date range

Data requested could be detail or summary.

If detail then information such as the following

• 3:26pm • Clicked • Email • a link in "January/February 2023 Newsletter" on desktop device
  • 3:26pm • Opened • Email • "January/February 2023 Newsletter" on desktop device
  • 3:24pm • Opened • Email • "January/February 2023 Newsletter" on other device type
  • 3:03pm • Opened • Email • "January/February 2023 Newsletter" on other device type
  • 1:31pm • Was sent • Email • "January/February 2023 Newsletter"
  • Each line of detail shown above would be a separate line of data.

• A report such as this would likely be a download only?

If Summary then information such as the following would be extracted

• Emails sent 26
    Average open rate 100%
    Average click rate 46%
    Emails bounced 0
  • The data above would be best laid out as columns with values associated with each user in rows
  • A report such as this would likely be an online list or as a download

The user would be allowed to choose what field elements they want from the Contact Details including custom fields in all selections (detail or summary).

Lastly a click history would be very helpful with the same types of selection criteria as above, but the data would be the links for what the user actually clicked on, such as that listed for each campaign/newsletter and again, could be detail or summary, and the selections for a specific or date range for a campaign would again apply.

Summary example is taken from the existing report for a campaign, but this would list all clicks for a campaign regardless of original or resend to unopened:

• The data above would be best laid out as columns with values associated with the campaign name in the rows
  • A report such as this would likely be an online list or as download

The detail would essentially be the same detail as if you clicked on the "unique clicks" column and provide the following:

• Campaign name
  • Send date
  • Any Contact fields a user chooses including custom fields
  • The link clicked on
  • The date and time the user clicked on the link
  • Each clicked link reported would be a separate row with above data included
  • A report such as this would likely be as a download only

These kinds of engagement reports really helps us understand what the engagement looks like for each individual and with the field selection ability you would be able to analyze many aspects of what the user interests are.  Constant Contact only has to allow the user to get at their data, and the analysis of how they want to use it is up to them to conduct with pivot tables, MSAccess or whatever business intelligence reporting tools they choose to use.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More