cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engagement reporting over time

Engagement reporting over time

Would love to be able to run a report showing spam/unsubscribes over a given period of time. Since we send many different types of emails it would be great to see which ones our list prefers not to receive.

105 Comments
Regular Visitor
It would be helpful to receive sent and opened data on contacts in an Email LIST for a specific time period. For example, Prospects who are opening our morning email over the past 6 months. CC Support offers that there is currently only a way to receive data on contacts who were sent and opened a "specific" email. Any chance this broader detail is in the pipeline? Thank you!
Under the old report, I could see a 90 day chronological history of email or bounce history. In the case with bounce, I could see the reason for the non-delivery at the contact level. Under this new format, you make me take additional steps to go back to reports, then the specific email, then click on the bounce and search for the email. Is there any way, under the engagement tab for the specific email, you can link a place where it gives me the specific reason for the non-delivery i.e. blocked, not a good address, removed,etc.

Some of the new reports are great, but I'd like to see you take it one step farther and provide some trending reports on activities.

For example, I'd love to be able to identify people who do (or don't do) things over time e.g. people who always open emails, but never click through. I could tag them and follow up with targeted emails to re-engage them. It would be nice to be able to select which emails (or which mailing list) to include in trending reports also. I get different responses to our monthly newsletters than I do to one-off announcements, and I expect different results, so I'd want to be able to compare apples to apples.

Or people who have had email bounce for the last n number of emails. I do this manually now. Email is too unreliable to assume that just because it bounced on this email the address is invalid. I look at their history and if the address has been undeliverable or doesn't exist for several months only then do I remove it.

Thanks!

Occasional Contributor
The information on the individual emails with each contact, in the new system, looks to be very informative. Is there a way to also display something similar to the old system, where we can tell - for an individual contact - how many of their emails have been opened in the last x number of days, how many clicks on links, etc? It's clumsy having to move through every single email action (open, received, etc) to get a sense of this. Actually, it's extremely difficult to gather this info for an individual in the present system.
Is there any way Constant Contact can restore the old format for contact email history reporting? The new format makes it very difficult to see evrything on one place with numbers for opens, clicks, etc.
Occasional Contributor
When I'm looking at an individual contact, I used to be able to see the status of emails that had been sent to him. Now I can only see a list of the emails sent to him, and I can't see whether or not they're bouncing or have some other issue which means that he's not receiving them.
I like some of the new features you have made. I however do NOT like the way I have to read individuals who have opened my mail. I want the chart back that I could see at a quick glance each email and how many times that person opened it, rather it be 0 or 10 or more times. Using the words "sent" or "open" instead of number of times it is opened takes too much of my time, plus the scrolling I have to do to see the rest.
Frequent Visitor
I would love to see an easier way to view email reports all in one place. For example, to be able to pull a report that has everyone from contact list and then next to each one the status (i.e. not opened yet, opened, bounced - and reason why like non-existent address).
Visitor
I need to be able to look at several months worth of unopens and make some comparisons and decisions about how to either re-engage or delete. There's no way to delete people when I have looked at the list of unopens. I can check boxes but have no real way of efficiently deleting them or moving them to a file to look at. Thanks
Occasional Contributor
your reporting could be enhanced by adding one additional feature. I report that lists addresses that open an email multiple times - ranks them by number of times. Some email servers leave multiple cookies when an email is opened - this can be filtered with a time requirement. count all openings that are more than 1 apart. then list the top visitors in order. my 2 cents
Occasional Contributor
It would be very useful to have the option to have the same report that exists for a single email (who opened, who read it, who did not open it, bounces, etc.) for a group of emails and/or tags. That way a campaing of several emails can be tracked.
Occasional Contributor
One email at a time is very time-consuming. Tracking opens is so important, and yet, you don't make it very easy. I should be able to request a list of all opens within a time period. Also, all opens of a certain type of mail. Again, it's basic CRM stuff...
Frequent Visitor

When it comes to 'Reports' on email campaigns, one should be able to view who are the most engaged recipients or the least engaged recipients over time - not just for one email campaign. In practice, one would have an option to see a chart of all recipients based on their overall engagement, without having to look through individual campaigns.

This would be an immense improvement as it would give you an insight into who are your biggest fans!

Thanks in advance for implementing this.

Best regards,

Josef

All Star

You know what would be awesome? To be able to see how many times the email has bounced right next to the name of the bouncee. I would LOVE to be able to see that the address has bounced back 12 times, so I can safely delete it rather than going back thru emails to see how many times it has bounced. Boy, this seems like a super easy fix.

I've been using CC since 2005, and this is the only suggestion I've ever made!

Occasional Contributor
Clicking on the Opened and Did not Open reports is very slow. It would be nice to be able to produce an engagement report show who regularly opens and who consistently does not open. Does anyone know how to do that?
Frequent Visitor
I would love to see a report of all opens WITH the click through information, if any.
Occasional Visitor

We have been running email campaigns using Constant Contact. How to find out which contacts open our email most? I need this data over a period of time.

For example: Give me list of contacts that have opened most of my emails in last 3 months.

I was told by your support team that this feature doesn't exist. It will be a great feature to add!

Regards,

Abhiman

Occasional Visitor

There should be a way to see the email addresses (and/or names) of those that received a campaign and a column indicating who opened the campaign in a single report. Right now, you have to run two reports and merge the information manually.

Visitor
Ability to see who is really interested by not only seeing number of opens for one email sent but all emails sent.
We'd like one report showing overall engagement--not engagement on a person by person basis, but overall to see determine best contacts, etc.

I work for a photo agency representing photographers, so our newsletters are very image heavy. The reports are a great resource for us in that they allow us to see which contacts/companies are attracted to which photographers. Unfortunately, the reports are not as user friendly as they could be. I spent the last two days reorganizing the data from our most recent newsletter. I had to click all of the links, and trace them back to the original image clicked by the contact, then put all of the images into a new document listing who clicked which image. Then, because there is no "list by" feature in the reports, I had to manually alphabetize not only the photographers of each image, but the contacts who had clicked. If there was a way to label the links, and alphebatize the results, it would be massively more useful! Thanks very much. User - humberto@managementartists.com

I am cleaning up my contact list by reviewing bounces and either fixing typos or removing email addresses. Currently I am going through each of my sent email blasts and drilling down to the bounce report. Very easy, informative yet also very time consuming (Having to go in to each blast click by click.)

I called in to ask how to see all of my account bounces in one clean list so I may clean up. Support mentioned that many customers also ask for this feature but it currently is not available. (Also looking for a clean "opt out" list) ... Anyway he asked me to fill out a feedback list for you to review. Seems like something pretty easy to create on your end being that you are constantly innovating and changing the way your customers can use your product.

Can you please get this option dialed as most customers do not have a full day to spend on this (Time is money) ... Your help is appreciated.

Occasional Visitor

This problem is the reason we are poised to switch providers. This string is over a year old and nothing has been done to solve this obvious oversight in service 

It would be helpful to have a combined export (or metric view). Send, open, clicks, bounced, unsubscribed and unopened in one report/view... Thanks! Jen
From campaign to campaign, do you have one report that compares the people who opened/clicked? We are trying to determine if the same people are always opening/clicking or if it varies.
Visitor
There should be a way to make these results (Sent, Opened, Clicked, Spam, Bounced, Unsubscribed, Did Not Open) appear on one table instead of requiring us to create and export a table for each.
You give us good reports on each newsletter we send out but why can't you have a summery of all emails, so we can have a list of 1. those who have never opened a newsletter 2.those who have not opened a newsletter for a year (they may have changed their email)
Regular Visitor
Being able to find out if a person on a list has opened up more than one email. It would be nice if this could be generic or specific to a category of Contacts such as brides vs exhibitors.
Occasional Visitor

I need a report where I can see the clicks and opens of all my emails from specific contact list in one report. Contact me if this is confusing. Thanks Carlos Stremi **Removed By Moderator**

Regular Visitor

Please click on the upvote icon (Blue upwards arrow) to actually vote for this feature.  It would be great to have.

All Star
I would like to have one report that I can share with mgmt that shows opens, clicked, span, bounced, unsubscribed, did not open, vs. the industry average and/or our previous newsletters. The graph is decent, but I like numbers too. Is this possible? Kelly
Would like to see which contacts are opening emails without having to check each contact separately. So frustrating.
Occasional Visitor
Would like a feature to help target those that have opened the newsletter more than once.
Participant
Read the chat below! Lisa U: Welcome to Constant Contact support. My name is Lisa. One moment while I review your request.Lisa U: I see that you have feedback about the reporting. I will forward this information along to our Development team, but I would highly recommend using the feedback link in your account to also submit this directly to them. A little feedback can go a long way.You: They aren't listening, this is more important than they think...... I'm leaving thousands of e-mails in the system until this is implemented, would you want to go through 3,913 e-mails 1 at a time to see how many bounced e-mails they had in a row? (i.e. I'm not going to remove an e-mail that only bounced 1 time, however I would sort by concurrent bounces and remove any that bounced 3+ times in a row)Lisa U: I am very sorry that we do not have the sorting tools that you are looking for at this time I can assure you that the more feedback we get about features the more we can work on putting them into place in the product.You: Even better, having an auto remove if it reaches 5 concurrent bounces would be beautifulYou: Do they need me to code this for them.... I'd be happy to.....Lisa U: Shad, I am just in general tech support here at Constant Contact. I can help you with things like making an email, setting up tools to help you get more contacts, and loading in images. I will certainly forward this idea to our development department, but I can not change the way reporting is at this time.You: Can you forward it to the top level management for the development department team?You: Better yet, do you have an e-mail of that person that is in charge of the team, I'd like to talk to them directly via e-mail or phoneLisa U: There is a feedback button where you can leave this information in the account. There is a feature much like this for support that I will use, but there is not a way to talk directly to the development team.
Frequent Visitor
I'd like to have better reporting on my contacts. I'd like to get a list of all all contacts in my active list that have bounced and # bounces. Ideally, I would also like to get a list of all contacts and the date of last email sent and last email opened. This helps me get rid of inactive customers and partners that have been added over the years, but we no longer need them. Thanks
All Star

It would be really neat to be able to to track and sort #/% of opens and clicks by contact. Can tell who is hot and probably worth reaching out to that way. Thanks

Status changed to: New

Thanks for posting this feedback!

Occasional Contributor
This would be very helpful to clean up the list and improve open rate!
Occasional Contributor
Those who engage the most with your emails.
In order to improve targeting my leads. I would like a report that tells me the average time that people opened my email without me having to decipher all the data manually. I would love to receive something that says: Most people opened your email at this time ...
Why don't you have an open rate for each contact that is easily displayed from the main Contact > List view. I have to go into every client to see if they open things. Soo0o0 much time goo0o0ne. Lol. I'm getting angry with you guys because most of your phone reps tell me this is often requested.
Visitor
If my June newsletter is a Campaign and my July newsletter is a campaign, etc., why can't I find all of my June-related results/reports (no matter how many times I send it) in 1 master June report? This report could be just a comprehensive update OR segmented by sends (June a, June b...). Either way, I could just go one place (June) to see how the June newsletter performed, and another to check July performance.
Occasional Visitor
It would be very useful to allow me to see not only when my contacts open an email, but to also be able to look at what they clicked on. I know I can go email by email and look at who clicked each link but you offer no way to look at contacts individually and see their track record. This would be EXTREMELY useful and you already have the data, it's just a matter of creating another way to view it.
Occasional Contributor
I do my reports on a monthly basis. I would like to see all information for each month. January, February and such. I don't want month to date, or last 30 days because that does not give information for the whole month. Thanks Janie
Occasional Contributor
There are two kinds of unsubscribes list: 1) Unsubscribed by the reader (this folder is shown in contact management) 2) Unsubscribed by me for the bounced emails by clicking Remove Emails for Recommended for Removal. It will be good if we are given access to option 2 as well (Unsubscribed by me) so we can review them from time to time and resubscribe them as necessary so we can increase our contacts. Thanks, Rama
I find it very difficult to give overviews of our program to our top management. I have to download campaign reports separately and compile results myself, or I have to take screenshots of the overview. Some improvement in this area would be greatly appreciated.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for this feedback. Unfortunately the act of unsubscribing is meant to be permenent. Have you tried deleting the contacts from the account or using a new list to keep track of these people who are not active right now? 

Occasional Contributor
Pls refer my previous comments. I would like to see the following view/ report under contact mgmt: Summary 1) for all campaigns as well as 2) for each campaign By Domain (Company), total number of contacts, total opened (%), total clicked (%), total bounced (%)- all in one place with easy access to email id by domain name.