cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engagement reporting over time

Engagement reporting over time

Would love to be able to run a report showing spam/unsubscribes over a given period of time. Since we send many different types of emails it would be great to see which ones our list prefers not to receive.

104 Comments
Please tally my Next Best Time to Send Campaigns based on my overall sent campaigns since 1999.
I want to know if there is an easy way (not one by one metric for campaing) to export the results of the campaings And i want to know what field be able to use to differentiate if an Opt-Out record from the Opt-Out universe is a real opt-out (source is the link opt out) and not an opt-out that i force when i select a hard bounce and put it there.
Occasional Organizer

Hi, 

I'm trying to rack my brain around this very very simple problem: Why am I spending hours creating a campaign report when a programmer could concatenate all this data in seconds?

Problem 1: To see a single e-mail campaign report with ALL CONTACT ID's sent to (including their full contact details uploaded to the system, ALL fields + Custom Fields) AND the campaign results (SENT TO, OPENED, CLICKED, REGISTERED, BOUNCED). 

Question 1: When will Constant contact be able to deliver this function in the platform? It's costing me hours, not to mention the time to submit this very simple request.

Problem 2: Exporting details from a registrant's form submission requires manual work for again what could be a simple export of single rows which start with CONTACT ID and expand on each column of detail submitted in the registration form submitted (ie COLUMNS for each detail).

Question 2: I appreciate this is slightly more complex given the flexibility of the 'type' of data submitted, however I'd like to know if Constant Contact is working on this problem and when it will be available?

Note: Both of the above problems are simple functions that are almost ubiquitous in amongst your E-Mail service competitors and are key reasons why I'm writing a document to request the replacement of Constant contact with a better and more complete service provider for our accounts. 

Problem 3: I had to call customer support in order to find the 'Submit new idea' link in the side bar. You've clearly made it difficult to submit inquiries and have again wasted my time (and I'm sure many others') by doing so. 

Thank you,

Mike 

Frequent Visitor
In addition to cumulative total. And label the results e.g. cumulative, etc.

A reporting feature that was previously available was the ability to export a "last 10 email campaigns" report. (See attached redacted sample.)

My clients saw value in receiving this multi-campaign report and reviewing overall effectiveness and trends with me. Now, results can only be reviewed and exported individually, campaign-by-campaign. A multi-campaign report now requires significant admin time to compile data and tabulate together.

Maximizing report capabilities and minimizing admin time to produce reports must be a top priority for marketing providers.

Please re-instate this report.

Emailer Results Report_083115.jpg
All Star
I have a database of 4,534 active contacts and manage mailing activity for a dozen entities. I was looking for a way to garner the cumulative information. If I must individually look at the results of the more than 300 emails for the 4,534 contacts on 90 different email lists, I will spend more time than this exercise is worth. We has been a client of Constant Contact for five years. During that time, we have diligently grown our contact lists and provided meaningful information to our clients. But, we want to ensure that our contacts wish to keep receiving our information. So we want to see who has received and opened our emails over time. To do that, we must be able to view contact activity from an aggregate perspective. The irony is that this information is available in your system, it is just not downloadable. I can download the data that I entered (e.g., name, company, email lists), I just cannot download the engagements
All Star
I have a database of 4,534 active contacts and manage mailing activity for a dozen entities. I was looking for a way to garner the cumulative information. If I must individually look at the results of the more than 300 emails for the 4,534 contacts on 90 different email lists, I will spend more time than this exercise is worth. We has been a client of Constant Contact for five years. During that time, we have diligently grown our contact lists and provided meaningful information to our clients. But, we want to ensure that our contacts wish to keep receiving our information. So we want to evaluate who has received and opened our emails. To do that, we must be able to view Contact activity from an aggregate perspective. The irony is that this information is available in your system, it is just not downloadable. I can download the data that I entered (e.g., name, company, email lists), I just cannot download the engagements. Perhaps we have outgrown your system.
I just upgraded to the new version of cc and there isn't a Email Tracking Report any longer that shows all of the report stats on one sheet in what looks like a spreadsheet format that I can print. I really miss this and would like to see it added back in. I called support to make sure it wasn't there and apparently it was deleted when the new version was created.
Please help us all improve! If your system would track the last open (if ever) date and the last click (if ever) date, I could concentrate on the folks who appear not interested, either gaining them as active members, or remove them so I do not send "garbage" through your system. I have asked repeatedly for these features because I am relentless about gaining the best return on my email - I routinely get over 50% opens and nearly 30% clicks. I want much more!
I get so frustrated with getting lots of bounces. I suspect that many of these bounces get bounced frequently. But some of them may be legitimate one-time bounces (such as those who are in Undeliverable or Suspended or Mailbox full or Vacation. I do not want to remove people who may legitimately want our email and who happen to have a bad email address one day or even for one week. Right now, I have no choice but to leave them in Constant Contact, unless I go through the tedious process of looking at each one's history one-at-a-time or downloading them into Excel and then doing some fancy analysis there. I don't have the time for either of those, yet Constant Contact could solve that problem easily from within its database. For the life of me, I don't see why this isn't done (I'm a VERY long-time user, and I have suggested this before). I wish you could respect our time a bit more, and the fact that I'd like to clean up my list better than I am doing now. I also am sure that there are many others in the same boat, especially your larger clients. Thank you for doing what you can. If for some reason you cannot do it, I would appreciate your violating your policy and letting me know that. Thanks for your consideration.