cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engagement reporting over time

Engagement reporting over time

Would love to be able to run a report showing spam/unsubscribes over a given period of time. Since we send many different types of emails it would be great to see which ones our list prefers not to receive.

105 Comments
Please tally my Next Best Time to Send Campaigns based on my overall sent campaigns since 1999.
I want to know if there is an easy way (not one by one metric for campaing) to export the results of the campaings And i want to know what field be able to use to differentiate if an Opt-Out record from the Opt-Out universe is a real opt-out (source is the link opt out) and not an opt-out that i force when i select a hard bounce and put it there.
Occasional Organizer

Hi, 

I'm trying to rack my brain around this very very simple problem: Why am I spending hours creating a campaign report when a programmer could concatenate all this data in seconds?

Problem 1: To see a single e-mail campaign report with ALL CONTACT ID's sent to (including their full contact details uploaded to the system, ALL fields + Custom Fields) AND the campaign results (SENT TO, OPENED, CLICKED, REGISTERED, BOUNCED). 

Question 1: When will Constant contact be able to deliver this function in the platform? It's costing me hours, not to mention the time to submit this very simple request.

Problem 2: Exporting details from a registrant's form submission requires manual work for again what could be a simple export of single rows which start with CONTACT ID and expand on each column of detail submitted in the registration form submitted (ie COLUMNS for each detail).

Question 2: I appreciate this is slightly more complex given the flexibility of the 'type' of data submitted, however I'd like to know if Constant Contact is working on this problem and when it will be available?

Note: Both of the above problems are simple functions that are almost ubiquitous in amongst your E-Mail service competitors and are key reasons why I'm writing a document to request the replacement of Constant contact with a better and more complete service provider for our accounts. 

Problem 3: I had to call customer support in order to find the 'Submit new idea' link in the side bar. You've clearly made it difficult to submit inquiries and have again wasted my time (and I'm sure many others') by doing so. 

Thank you,

Mike 

Frequent Visitor
In addition to cumulative total. And label the results e.g. cumulative, etc.

A reporting feature that was previously available was the ability to export a "last 10 email campaigns" report. (See attached redacted sample.)

My clients saw value in receiving this multi-campaign report and reviewing overall effectiveness and trends with me. Now, results can only be reviewed and exported individually, campaign-by-campaign. A multi-campaign report now requires significant admin time to compile data and tabulate together.

Maximizing report capabilities and minimizing admin time to produce reports must be a top priority for marketing providers.

Please re-instate this report.

Emailer Results Report_083115.jpg
All Star
I have a database of 4,534 active contacts and manage mailing activity for a dozen entities. I was looking for a way to garner the cumulative information. If I must individually look at the results of the more than 300 emails for the 4,534 contacts on 90 different email lists, I will spend more time than this exercise is worth. We has been a client of Constant Contact for five years. During that time, we have diligently grown our contact lists and provided meaningful information to our clients. But, we want to ensure that our contacts wish to keep receiving our information. So we want to see who has received and opened our emails over time. To do that, we must be able to view contact activity from an aggregate perspective. The irony is that this information is available in your system, it is just not downloadable. I can download the data that I entered (e.g., name, company, email lists), I just cannot download the engagements
All Star
I have a database of 4,534 active contacts and manage mailing activity for a dozen entities. I was looking for a way to garner the cumulative information. If I must individually look at the results of the more than 300 emails for the 4,534 contacts on 90 different email lists, I will spend more time than this exercise is worth. We has been a client of Constant Contact for five years. During that time, we have diligently grown our contact lists and provided meaningful information to our clients. But, we want to ensure that our contacts wish to keep receiving our information. So we want to evaluate who has received and opened our emails. To do that, we must be able to view Contact activity from an aggregate perspective. The irony is that this information is available in your system, it is just not downloadable. I can download the data that I entered (e.g., name, company, email lists), I just cannot download the engagements. Perhaps we have outgrown your system.
I just upgraded to the new version of cc and there isn't a Email Tracking Report any longer that shows all of the report stats on one sheet in what looks like a spreadsheet format that I can print. I really miss this and would like to see it added back in. I called support to make sure it wasn't there and apparently it was deleted when the new version was created.
Please help us all improve! If your system would track the last open (if ever) date and the last click (if ever) date, I could concentrate on the folks who appear not interested, either gaining them as active members, or remove them so I do not send "garbage" through your system. I have asked repeatedly for these features because I am relentless about gaining the best return on my email - I routinely get over 50% opens and nearly 30% clicks. I want much more!
I get so frustrated with getting lots of bounces. I suspect that many of these bounces get bounced frequently. But some of them may be legitimate one-time bounces (such as those who are in Undeliverable or Suspended or Mailbox full or Vacation. I do not want to remove people who may legitimately want our email and who happen to have a bad email address one day or even for one week. Right now, I have no choice but to leave them in Constant Contact, unless I go through the tedious process of looking at each one's history one-at-a-time or downloading them into Excel and then doing some fancy analysis there. I don't have the time for either of those, yet Constant Contact could solve that problem easily from within its database. For the life of me, I don't see why this isn't done (I'm a VERY long-time user, and I have suggested this before). I wish you could respect our time a bit more, and the fact that I'd like to clean up my list better than I am doing now. I also am sure that there are many others in the same boat, especially your larger clients. Thank you for doing what you can. If for some reason you cannot do it, I would appreciate your violating your policy and letting me know that. Thanks for your consideration.
Regular Visitor
We have an incredibly bloated contacts list and I would like to sort it by most recent activity or most recent email opened so I can trim the list down, but I see no way of doing that other than viewing each contact individually. With over 2.5K contacts, that's implausible.
Occasional Contributor

I'd like ot suggest the ability to download contact activity in bulk rather than having to click on each individual contact to see when the last time he/she opened or clicked on an email. It's pretty tedious going through contacts one by one, and if there was a way to do a bulk download of activity-or even just recent activity, or set a parameter like "last 90 days"--it would be very helpful for reviewing a number of contacts at one time. Then the user could go back into CC and change the statuses of those who need to be deleted for inactivity.

Regular Visitor
be able to delete the e-mails that have bounces more than 3 times.
Visitor
When following up a large emailing, I want to follow-up with my most engaged customers. Why can't I get a report of my most engaged customers? Now I need to go through my Unique Opens, one at a time, to see who has opened and how many times. This makes personal follow-up nearly impossible! Please - the data is in your system! Make a report available that sorts by engagement number!
Visitor
please design tool that will allow to search and sort addresses that do not open mail. ie.. not open between dates; not open mail in last 6 months; etc.. thanks
I'd love to have a feature under email reports to be able to select the data that I'd like to compare, both as aggregate numbers and visually on a graph. As it currently stands, the data and graph is for all emails sent, which is valuable, but when I'm trying to show the value of the tool in a month-to-month graph it doesn't easily capture that information. Thanks, Margaret
Occasional Contributor
When I first log in to my account, I see a beautifully designed graphic which provides an overview of my most recent email campaign. I would like to see this same graphic on the "Reporting" page. This first graphic shows: A) Name of campaign :sunglasses: Date created C) Opens D) Your Open Rate Percentage E) Average User (open rate) F) Clicks G) Your Click Rate H) Average User (click rate) I) Sends. In the upper right corner it notes the number of contacts. To clarify my request please, > Log into my account and see the first information graphic. > Now Click on the "Campaigns" icon in the left nav column. > Click on any active campaign > I would like option of having the same "first graphic that I original saw when I first logged into my account" in first row of the "Reporting" page. In addition, I would also like to see this same graphic with more information. The additional information I'd like on this graphic would be the number of "Bounces", "Unsubscribed", "Spam", "Did not open", "Opens by Desktop", "Opens by mobile", "Total number of contacts", "Delivery Rate" information. I would also like to see the "Average User" (open rate) renamed to "Industry average open rate", I would like to see "Average User" (click rate) renamed to "Industry average click rate".
Occasional Contributor
the most important thing for a company is that when they send an announcement / newsletter / email to their people - to be able to have a report saying who received/did not receive that mailing. For example, when we recently emailed to 924 people, we see the report of xxx bounces, xxx received. etc. however, when we export the 924 people to excel, we need to have a column called "Received" yes/no who received it and who did not. we see the separate bounced report, but we need one all inclusive report that would tell us , out of the 924 who received or did not receive, and if possible , the reason for the NOT received in a separate column as well.
Occasional Visitor
I should be able to delete contacts from the reports screen. The only current options are manage tags and quicksend. There should be a better, more fluid way to check which contacts are consistently not opening e-mails so they can be culled.
Occasional Visitor
I need a detailed report for individual reports.
Visitor
It is not easy to see which contacts have opened, unsubscribed, or clicked through from an email campaign. I would expect to be able to click on for instance the Open percentage to then give me a list of all contacts opened. The same for clicks. With unsubscribes, the only information available is from the report. But there is no link to be able to find who has unsubscribed. Please fix these problems. Basically, I cannot find out which contacts have engaged with the campaign. It should be visible in Reports, but the report is a static report with no links. If there were a link when hovering over the number - i.e. Unsubscribes (5) and by clicking on 5, the contacts appear, then this would be fine. same for all other numbers on this. To see number is fine, but the detail is needed too! Thanks john Garbett PCR Computers ltd
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Voting Open

All Star
You are constantly changing the interface to the Emails (that you now call Campaigns.) I've just returned from a month overseas to find you've changed it again. I do NOT like the new interface. I cannot find anything without many keystrokes - this goes beyond the "learning curve." Did we ask you for a new interface? I don't think so. When we ask you for something the only reply I get is, "We'll be working on that soon." I want a report that shows me, over a period of time - like 6 months - which of my contacts have NOT opened a "campaign." That way I can delete those to whom it's obviously not of interest. WHEN IS THAT COMING?
All Star

What happened to the average open rate over last 3 months? It is gone ? At a minimum, need to have a metric for average open rate by month for comparison over time rather than by campaign. Very disappointed the 3 month average metric was removed.

Occasional Contributor
1. Why don't the excerpts sort in Chronological order 2. Why can we see aggregated information by email of open, 60 day lapse in engagement and never engage.
Status changed to: Voting Open

Status changed to: New

Regular Visitor

I would like to run a report on all of my contacts and have it include thier engagement and campaign name for a given period of time. I'd like to be able to see if they've ever opened an email or when they last opened one. 

There is probably a VERY manual way of doing this, but you all have the data, let us use it.

the way i use this info i call the people who engage and open my emails and this program doesn not have the amount of times the emails gets opned im going back to my old program since that one offers it
Occasional Visitor
How do I learn who has never opened my emails and how do I learn who opens my emails most often? Two key data points that would help me market my services more efficiently.
Analytics are ridiculously limited - should be able to analyze subscriber growth over the course of opening the account - not just over the recent year.
Occasional Contributor
I used to use act email marketing. They had a feature that ranked repeat email openers by most opens to least. It would be nice if in your current list of unique and total opens you had a report that extrapolates the repeat openers separately. I currently have to export the total opens then sort the list in excel and highlight those that opened more than once and rank from most to least as I want to focus and separate campaign to those that repeatedly opened my emails. The way you have it set up if you added repeat openers to the list of uniques and totals I could then easily make a separate contact list to add those emails too without having to export. If you ranked them as well I wouldn't have to do the sort and highlight in excel as well. I also think it would be nice to have the option to make a complete list of all openers, duplicate openers for all campaigns without having to make a running list for each campaign. This way the total engagement for all campaigns would be tallied as opposed to 4 times opened for campaign 1 and 4 times opened for campaign 2. My goal is to gauge how much this contact has engaged in all my campaigns and if I know who opened all my campaigns the most - they would be my most valued campaigns to focus my remarketing campaigns to. I feel you are not capturing a key component of the whole emailing marketing strategy by not making it easy to focus on and engaging with those most interested in my product and have the most potential to become an actual customer of ours.
Rank order my contacts, based on interaction with campaigns. Export a list, showing the other list each member is on.
It would be helpful if information on "opens", "clicks", etc were available on the individuals within the system. For instance, if I want to know how a subset of people are engaging with our newsletter, I have to go to there profiles and manually count how many times they opened and then clicked on something. There is no seamless what to do specific reporting.
Hi - I believe other email companies offer this service . . . when a client clicks on one of our emails, they are given a rating (5 stars being the best) to help us determine who is opening each one of our emails. Please feel free to call me for further information at 262.957.5263. Thank you for considering adding this important feature for your customers.
Regular Visitor
It will great if constantcontact would show the number of times a particular person has opened an email tight in front of his name. At the moment, one can has to manually check the name of recipient (in all open list) to see how many times one has opened an email or one has to go in to the details of contact to see his / her engagement. What I suggest is this , suppose following is a list of people who have opened my email- Abhinav -1 AB- 2 Shrivastava-6 This way it will be much easier to see the list of people who are genuinely interested in my email content. (at the moment mailchimp has this feature in its reporting module). Also it will be great if we can prepare list of contacts who have shown interest in our campaigns more than one time.
Regular Visitor
It would be most helpful to have actual reporting tools that you can customize to get the data you actually want. The reports CC provide give little information. Other providers have more robust tools for cutomizing reports such as general activity for a custom time or group of contacts so you can see what contacts are engaged and who have fallen off the radar. Please consider adding these features.
Visitor
Why can't I get a report from the system that ranks my contacts by the number of times they have "opened" or clicked on my emails? Even better - how about a report that ranks my contacts by opens/clicks for a specified date range? This prospect ranking report would be invaluable to following up with my truly engaged prospects!

Thank you for the great feedback! Makes sense you'd want to be able to see engaged vs non-engaged customers.

I'm moving your feedback over to a current thread where we're collecting similar feedback.  Any updates we have on this will be recorded there and you will receive an email.

Great feedback @SusanL3780!  I'm moving your idea to another thread that has similar feedback so we can continue to learn more!

All Star
I want to generate a list of contacts who have unsubscribed, and see their reason for their unsub (if the provided one). Learned I have to do that by individual campaigns, and now see I can only select a maximum of 5 campaigns to export! Since I want to go back at least 12 months, this is going to be another really cumbersome process. You've really got to add some wider parameters/capabilities to the Reporting functions, Constant Contact!
Administrator
Status changed to: Certified Great Idea

Occasional Contributor
I am very unhappy with your campaign reporting results! Where do i start? First, you cannot select multiple campaigns to export, I have 67 campaigns and I have to select each one to see the results exported to an excel file. Then I can only export 10 at a time without getting a server issue.. The file itself does not contain the links that where clicked on in the campaign so how to I see where the most traffic is going easily in this report. The way the file exports the date field cannot be sorted easily in date order because the day of the week if in the field. Why not make the day a separate column so the file can be sorted? Also, the trend snapshot cannot be exported and you can't see beyond 25 campaigns with the titles... Why isn't the trend snapshot exportable? When are these reporting features going to be fixed?
Visitor
You should have one summary overview report that you can sort by category which shows (1) contact, (2) sent, (3) opened, and (4) clicked, (5) unsubscribed, and (6) bounced. Right now very inefficient to look at a campaign by going to each individual tab to see who did what action. Would be much easier if there was one report that laid out the whole process and you could export or was sortable online. This should be really easy to create as all the data is already captured - just a matter of packaging it
All Star

I often send one email to several different target groups, which are uploaded as separate lists. Would like to be able to view opens, clicks, etc., by list to see which groups are most engaged - without having to send the same email several different times.

Visitor
I love Constant Contact! One feature I would like to see is a contact rating system to see which of your contacts are engaging the most with our emails (Most opens, most clicks, etc.) I hope I see this feature soon :smileyface:
Occasional Visitor
The reports section should have an option where you can get all your results in one spreadsheet showing - when that person opened it, clicked on the link, and how many times they opened the campaign or how many times they clicked on the button. It would be more helpful to export one report with all this information with the contacts email addresses and all rather than individually downloading each list and having to create that. Right now we have to put that all into one spreadsheet to get this together ourselves. CreXi has a great reporting system. I believe you guys should model off of that. it's very, very helpful.
All Star

It would be exceptionally useful to be able to filter the contact list to show all contacts that have not clicked on a campaign in x days/months/years so they could be removed from the contact list.

Currently, there is no way other than clicking on each contact one by one to view the engagement history.

There is also no way to export the raw engagement data.