cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Make the Icon for open mail a open letter.

Make the Icon for open mail a open letter.

Why don't you make the little envelope to the left of the message that tells people the email was open a new Icon of a open Letter just turn the triangle upside down over the one you have now. Do this in the Engagements area on the right side of each contact page. This would make it faster and easier to see if open. Tim
23 Comments
It would be helpful if the envelope icon for "opened" is an open envelope with the flap up. It's easy to mistake "open" for "sent" if the icon for each is identical.
Status changed to: New
Great idea, thanks for posting!
Thanks for this feedback.
Solution Provider
na
CTCT Employee
Thank you for your feedback.
All Star
from a visual perspective it would be easier if the icon for an opened email differed from the 'sent' unopened email. thanks,
would this be possible to do?
It would be really cool if there were either different icons or a color change to distinguish the sent emails from the opened ones. I would be able to tell at a glance what this individual is responding to and what they're skipping.
All Star
suggest a difference between the sent and open and undelivered items per contact on the list to discern easier between the categories.
Occasional Visitor
from your individuals engagement section i suggest that you improve the visual queue- the image of the closed envelope is a problem there are 3 scenarios possible it seems open, upopened, and not delivered. the visual queue would better be an open envelope an unopen envelope or an envelope with a cross in it meaning it was undelivered. thanks for getting back to me about inputting our suggesstion -K.Constable office@saintannsoldlyme.org (user id)
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. The engagement window is a work in progress, and we will continue to improve the functionality surrounding its use. This is an excellent suggesting that we will closely review. Please ccontinue to vote for the changes that you want to see made in the account. And in the mean time, as always don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

CTCT Employee

Occasional Visitor
would be nice if envelope was open when the contact opened/clicked the email and red X if they unsubscribed
CTCT Employee

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion. Please continue to vote, and don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

CTCT Employee

Occasional Contributor
It would help me if: 1) I could delete a contact from the contact's info page. When I look at the list of bounces, I check any individual bounce to see if and when they last opened an email. If I determine that the contact should be deleted, life would be easier if I could do it right then an there rather than having to return to the list of bounces. 2) When an email recipient opens an email, it would be nice if the little envelope icon showed an open envelope :) Thanks!
Occasional Contributor
It would be very helpful, if you could have the "envelope" show the contact was opened by showing an "opened envelope". I look thru many of these every day, and it would make it so much easier. What do you think?

Visitor

Just an idea I had...Since you are using the envelope insignia to the left of each entry, (very cute!) perhaps you could invert the top portion of the envelope (triangle) whenever someone has opened/clicked an item to indicate an opened envelope. That way it would make it more identifiable for the owner of the account to see at a glance instead of reading the verbiage next to each entry, who are active mail participants and/or who might be purged from your mailing list based on inactivity. (Which is what I am doing now!) Thanks for your time!! You guys/gals are great!!

Great feedback Lori!  Much appreciated.

Status changed to: Voting Open

In the engagement side bar....the envelope icon is the same for sent and opened. The envelope icon should be open if the contact opened the email. 

Visual cue vs searching for words would help greatly.