cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Measure the number of times an email was opened by my clients/ prospects?

0 Votes

Measure the number of times an email was opened by my clients/ prospects?

Hello community, 

I would like to be able to measure the level of engagement of my prospects and clients by the number of times
that my emails were opened. This information will be available in my email reporting. I will be able to run a report and the
report will tell me the people that have opened my email the most and the number of times that this particular email has been
open. 

Also, I would like to have the option if my email was forwarded to somebody else? All this is available on Watson Campaign
Automation. 

Thanks,

Carlos 

6 Comments

Hi @CarlosG1987  thank you for sharing your feedback! Have you tried using our contact segment feature? This feature will let you pull a report of contacts based on their engagement with your email campaigns. So you can see who has been opening your emails over time! Then for the number of times particular email is opened, this is already included in your campaign’s open report! The good news is you can filter this report to include All Opens. This will show all the times your email has been opened and by who. However being able to track if your campaign has been forwarded is not a feature that is currently available. Once an email gets forwarded this is being done by their own email client and not Constant Contact. I have tracked this feature request in your account in the meantime.

Visitor

Thanks for your answer and help. I checked all the links that you mentioned. However I couldn't find a solution for my answer. I checked the reporting and segments sections. Neither of both sections tell me the number of times that a specific user has opened an email. I have to count manually each of the times the email was opened by the client but i would prefer to have that counting done by Constant Contact. 

The forwarding option is available on Watson Campaign Automation. 

Thanks again Frankie! 

Hi @CarlosG1987. At this time, the All Opens dropdown only displays each individual open that could be counted and not an overall number of times each contact has opened the email.

Also, I looked at your account for Watson Campaign Automation and I am not seeing this campaign name in your account. Is this in regards to a different Constant Contact account? If it is, for your security, please email us at communitysupport(at)constantcontact(dot)com with the username, the name of the campaign, and a reference to this post. Thank you!

CTCT Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Visitor

@CarlosG1987 wrote:

Hello community, 

I would like to be able to measure the level of engagement of my prospects and clients by the number of times
that my emails were opened. This information will be available in my email reporting. I will be able to run a report and the
report will tell me the people that have opened my email the most and the number of times that this particular email has been
open. 

Also, I would like to have the option if my email was forwarded to somebody else? All this is available on Watson Campaign
Automation. 

Thanks,

Carlos 

Watson Campaign Automation is a similar software like Constant Contact developed by IBM.  I dont have an account under that username. 

Hi @CarlosG1987 

I apologize we misunderstood your original question. At time time having a tool in Constant Contact that allows a contact to forward your campaign is not available. This is however a feature request we have submitted in your account.