More file type export options for reporting

Hello Constant Contact: My Boss is asking me reports of Eblasts and the only thing your system provides is a simple cvs Excel sheet. I don't think this is a Professional Report to "report". Anyone can fake a simple excel sheet. Why you don't have the option to download the full color Report in PDF with your logo and stats? It would be much better and professional. Thank.

30 Comments
Transformations
Frequent Participant
In the old format you could print the All Emails Report
Hannah_M

Hi @Transformations

Which report are you looking for? Are you referring to all opens or the graph that used to show at the top of the Reports page?

Thanks!

Transformations
Frequent Participant

The old version has a printable version of the page with the graph and all of the email stats listed in the order they were sent that included sent, bounce, spam, opens, clicks forwards... The toolkit doesn't seem to have this. 

Hannah_M

Thanks for clarifying. You do need to export the reports in order to print them at this time. Thanks for your feedback!

Transformations
Frequent Participant

That doesn't do me any good.  I am looking for the overview of all of the emails sent not the detail behind it. 

BuddyK0
Regular Participant

Howdy!

When you export contact info your choices are *.csv and *.xls formats.

MS Excel has used the *.xlsx format since EXCEL 2007.  How about updating the formats for EXPORTS?  

Such an update would save your customers from having to re-save to the newer (by 10 years) format! <grin>  It would also help in visually locating the file as *.xls files have different icons than *.xlsx (at least on my computers (WIN 7 PRO and WIN 10.)

Thanks!

Buddy Knight

Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @BuddyK0. Thank you for bringing this up! This is great feedback, I've opened this for voting.

JohnN566

Do not see where to print. Do not want to export as a csv file.

Patrick_W
Status changed to: Open Questions

Great feedback @PatriziaB6,

Are you looking to export reports on a campaign to campaign level?  Or are you more looking for better exportable reports that compare your campaigns?  Would like to get a better understanding of what you would find helpful.

PatriziaB6
Occasional Participant

Hello Patrick,

Thank you for your prompt response.

I need to report campaigns every week.

And what can I give to my Boss?  a simple line in comma delimited that anyone can fake.

Please work on provide better formatted Reports urgently !

A PDF document with your logo , date and short picture of blasted email with all statistics in color.

That's a Report !

To show to your Boss, to your Clients (great tool) , or simply to file.

Thanks for listening.

Patrick_W

Thank you!  I appreciate the additional detail and it makes sense.  I'm opening your idea up for voting so our other customers can give their feedback as well.

TyW639
Occasional Participant

I want the printable report button back. The pdf looks nicer for the clients.

JohnN566

Support this!

MeridethMC
Participant

I agree - please back the printable PDFs.  Visual snapshots go a long way!

CarlG395
Regular Participant
Currently report spreadsheet downloads generated by CC are CSV. CSV does not allow any aesthetic changes to be saved. If CC generated reports as an Excel Workbook I would be able to save these changes. A work-around is for me to perform a save as; but, I don't always have time for this.
MattM063
Participant

Add printable reports to the newer templates??? The legacy templates had them!!

Chris_L
Employee

@MattM063 Thank you for the great feedback.  I have opened your idea up for voting.

TysonC0
Participant

Yes, need the ability to print reports for specific campaigns as a PDF with graphs and performance data. This is a must-have to share with stakeholders.

LonnieV6
Participant

Yes!  We want printable versions of the reports!!!

RichardP019
Participant

Please create a new Email Statistics report, formatted to print out on one page and includes the following data:

• Email Name and List of Recipients
  • Email Run History
  • Email Stats
  • Click-through stats
  • Social Stats
Drew_D
Employee

Thank you for your feedback @RichardP019! I have opened up your idea for voting.

MicheleW93
Frequent Participant

Why does constant contact keep taking away functionality??  This is a must have to be able to print these reports as pdf format to share.

MicheleW93
Frequent Participant

Can't print email stats anymore in a nice format - ridiculous.  

KrisR1
The report format attached to your new WYSIWYG interface leaves alot to be desired. There needs to be a print friendly version that is easily downloaded and easily read as the legacy reports are
Caloryfrio.com
Participant

We need to print email stats for our clients in pdf format. Please, return printable versions of the reports! Is a must for us!! Thank you

Sara_Bram
Regular Participant

Hi. It would be nice to have a page that contains an easy to read, printable Stats report. This would allow the CC user to share stats with the management team in an efficient manner. If I get the time to create one, I'd love to share it with you.

Thanks

LasCasitasAkumal
Participant

Printable reports, please! 

JohnH3885
Participant
Can you please give us a choice to export as .xls spreadsheet instead of just .csv. Some of us don't use MS Office for everything.
Frankie_P

Hi @JohnH3885

What reporting from your account are you looking to export into a different file type?

Frankie_P

Reply from @JohnH3885 

When reporting the stats from a mailing, the numbers of openings, bounces,
and requests to unsubscribe are exported as a .csv file. I use an Office
emulation program from Oracle which does not open .csv files, but works
fine with .xls format. I can import .xls as well, so importing into
Constant Contact from our CME program, Little Green Light, is no problem,
as it offers me the option to export as both .csv or .xls.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More